Match Thread: Villa v Bournemouth

limpid

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Think they've both been great and come through for us where the likes of Diaby and Zaniolo have flattered to deceive at times, but happier with Diaby's workrate in the run up to that goal.

Ollie very quiet so far this game, hope he comes to life soon, he must be **** exhausted though.

I think he's been good

Big goal that just before half time. We need to push on even more second half. Rivers and Bailey some players. McGinn grew into that too - need a captain’s performance second half now!

We can play a lot better, not sure they can. Good to see SJM and Tielemans getting more involved towards the end. I want to see more of that.

Konsa and Bailey have been great.

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Yep, could easily be Ramsey or Rogers through the Middle as well. Ginny turns 30 next season. By the time Ramsey and Rogers are 24 he'll be 33 or so and will be winding down. 

Could make a good 10 as well rather than an 8

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not sure why we never bothered with the final attack.

Looks like a couple of players were angry about it as well

We scored inside the 5 minutes added time, the ref should probably have added an extra 30 seconds/minute.

Good end to the half, hopefully can carry that momentum over. Considering the Thursday game, think it's been good performance. McGinn, Bailey, Konsa all on it. Rogers excellent. Watkins hasn't had a clear chance yet but making good moves. 

1 minute ago, Daweii said:

Rogers is the reason I'm never going to judge a Villa transfer window again under Emery/Monchi. When we signed Rogers I was underwhelmed because signing a player from the Championship in a season when you're potential title contenders, and vying for Champions League is questionable, but dude... Rogers is class. 

There is a lot of quality in the championship.

We signed Watkins and Konsa from the championship, we had Mings, Mcginn and Grealish in the championship too. Cash as well though he's more like a bottom half RB. 

• Like 2

Just now, Jonesy7211 said:

We can play a lot better, not sure they can. Good to see SJM and Tielemans getting more involved towards the end. I want to see more of that.

Konsa and Bailey have been great.

They have Semenyo to come on who is a menace.

4 minutes ago, birdman said:

Bailey rarely has a bad game, if any these days.

I'd say he will have more " subdued " games at times but not bad per se.

I actually feel he is limited via slight injury as McGimn and the strapping indicated.

However he is now so confidence he knows how to play through it smartly without have to go full pelt.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

How in hell did any one see this in rogers?

his career was largely unremarkable until we signed him. Now he’s one of our better players 

The coaching of Unai Emery.

• Like 1