Match Thread: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

Just now, Mr_Dogg said:

The face is on the head.

I didn’t say it wasn’t the head I said it’s not a head injury. If you get injured heading a ball then it should be banned from football 😀

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

His development in such a short time has been seriously impressive 

Not sure if it was always there but he was seriously blowing at the start, fitness was way off

Give him a summer and he'll be awesome for us 

• Like 1

Come on lads. Battled really well. Nearly scored. Our front 3 need to keep hold of the ball better and you never know. I would love to turn these lot over.

• Like 2

Very exciting game so far. 

A bit too exciting for me!

So sorry that Watkins chance didn’t go in!

Zaniolo and Rogers doing good. Carlos good in defence. Martinez = king of the world.

Solid ay the back but nothing going forward. We hit the post, but haven't had a shot on target so we will need to be a bit quicker on the break second half.

Can't see us keeping a clean sheet so we will need to find some magic from somewhere if we are to nock a point. 

Bailey perhaps? Good half though away to a very good team.

Not a bad half tbf. Rodgers, Zaniolo and Carlos have looked very good. Emi immense. A few of the others need to liven up but all things considered pretty good.

• Like 2

Playing well. Shame Ollie couldn’t score with the great chance but he was unlucky it didn’t go in off the post. We are defending very well today which makes a pleasant change but Martinez has still had to make some crucial saves.

It’s finely balanced. We need to watch Odegaard as he’s a brilliant footballer and creating all their best moves. We might still lose but this is far better than the Man City game where we never stood a chance with that lineup. The longer it stays 0-0 may as well throw on Bailey, Duran and maybe Cash and Moreno and go for the win.

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

Very exciting game so far. 

A bit too exciting for me!

So sorry that Watkins chance didn’t go in!

Zaniolo and Rogers doing good. Carlos good in defence. Martinez = king of the world.

Not your fault mate.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

Agreed.. I'm seeing it the same tbh. All 4 have played really well.

They are a good team and we will do well if they don’t score. Rogers has been excellent and I think zaniolo is doing well too. A lot of work being done by every man out there. As usual emi pulls a world class reaction save out of the bag. 

Pleased with that on the whole but I'm very concerned about Konsa at the moment. 

I've alluded to it over the last couple of weeks, he's dropped off since the England game. 

I know he's playing 'out of position' so to speak but he's making poor decisions down that side. I'm hoping he improves but I'd rather see Cash back out there. 

2 minutes ago, Callum said:

Unpopular opinion: not the game for bailey. Loving watching Zaniolo backing into players, roughing a few up. He’s had a tough time against Ben white, who’s already in a yellow. We need to keep him on the pitch doing more of the same 

We do. But  Bailey should be on for Diaby.

Is there an argument to be had that in games like this we play 2 central defenders who like to all out defend . Pau makes a difference when we control a game . A huge difference. But when the ball is just coming back time after time we just need bodies put in front of the ball. And then when their attack breaks down hit em on the break. 

Seems we play the same way most games now. 

That said well done lads !!!!