Match Thread: Villa v Lille

limpid

Don't fancy taking a slender lead to France on this performance.  We need at least one more here - really need to up the game in the second half.

Our midfield is not even a speed bump to them, the defense is having to do far too much and is making errors as it's a makeshift unit.

Can someone on this team enforce the will in the midfield? Tim please.

• Like 1

Holding on for dear life - should have at least 2 goals more for us but probably 3 for Lille.

Difference at GK and ST keeping us ahead.

Christ there's a big gaping whole in front of our defence. Not sure what we do, maybe bring on Tim. They'll score eventually.

Rogers excellent bar the pass. Emi best in the world. Tielemans and Watkins playing well too. 

Just now, Callum said:

Hopefully addresses it by hooking Carlos. He’s an absolute liability 

We can't though, who plays right back if Konsa goes central?

If I had a hotel reserved in Athens I’d be cancelling it about now , Lille should be out of sight and would be if our club thought Ramsdale or Reya were better than Martinez 

I think he has to gamble with Hayden and get Konsa back in the middle 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 2

Just now, 479Villan said:

Our midfield is not even a speed bump to them, the defense is having to do far too much and is making errors as it's a makeshift unit.

Can someone on this team enforce the will in the midfield? Tim please.

There's where I am too, badly missing Kamara, it's not so much the defence as it is the guy threading the passes, got to snuff him out 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Callum said:

Martinez mate… should be 3-1 to them. We’re shyte at the back. 

To be fair we hsve had a few half decent chances ourselves. Martinez hss kept us in it though. Watkins a real threat but Bailey wasteful.

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

Play like this in future games and we’ll win the league. 

These posts get more and more desperate for attention 😅

Think 1-1 would have been fair for that half tbh. Emi has been brilliant. We've been struggling to commit because lille are lethal on the counter. Our usual high line is not doing it, and their through balls are carving us open. 

Need to do something tactically to sort out our defense or we'll concede. They are no mugs this lot. Tarts, but no mugs.