Midweek Football 9/11 April

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

And Blues lose - yay!

Theyve got Huddersfield and Rotherham still to play . But the pressure is well and truly on them. Their owner talking about how they would compete in the Prem as they lose yet again. I don't think they realise what will happen if they go down. 10k crowds

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Theyve got Huddersfield and Rotherham still to play . But the pressure is well and truly on them. Their owner talking about how they would compete in the Prem as they lose yet again. I don't think they realise what will happen if they go down. 10k crowds

That Cardiff game was probably the "easiest on paper" game they had left (bar Rotherham away, of course).  I know football doesn't work like that, but 0 points from it is great.

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I don't think they realise what will happen if they go down. 10k crowds

Wouldn't that be an attendance boost for them?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Maybe Solihull Moors could let them use their training pitch for home matches?

Just watched the PSG V Barca game. Fantastic extra quick football!

With the greatest respect Villa aren’t ready for that standard of football yet.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

£3 billion stadium in league one, can't wait to see it :crylaugh:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Django_Zooms said:

Maybe Solihull Moors could let them use their training pitch for home matches?

Why not? If I get the X12 to Solihull on a Saturday there's more 15 year Lulu's going there then down their cesspit of a ground. Mate.

6 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

The Spanish love their Stone Island. I'd never have had Xavi down as a wearer of it mind. Pau loves it as well though.

13 hours ago, striker said:

as discussed elsewhere that's the QF with 2 huge teams, its bullshit that we arent ready for the competition in general

or that we will build a CL ready team while sat in 5th

we've just got to jump in at the deep end, hope for some massive nights home and away and enjoy it while we can

the reaction to newcastle getting the group of death was nonsense, they were never winning the thing, they got games vs dortmund, milan and PSG, thats what the whole point of chasing it is about, personally id be gutted if we spend this many years chasing CL and then get games vs BATE borisov and no offence to them Bologna, i want madrid and barca

• Like 2

13 hours ago, striker said:

It's my belief that Everton's present troubles stem from their CL qualification - agree or disagree?

3 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

It's my belief that Everton's present troubles stem from their CL qualification - agree or disagree?

Personally I think it's 2 things

The belief that a new stadium would sort them has left them blinkered to everything else, Everton are actually behind the times on a lot of things not just corporate facilities 

Years of bad scouting and bad transfers has caught up with them, they've bought an unbelievable amount of shit in the last decade, that's the main reason, whether or not you'd then link the signing of say schneiderlin to the CL and buying players that in theory are CL ready

• Like 1

Stevan Jovetic and his Olympiacos currently 2-0 up against Edin Dzeko and his Fenerbahce in the "Oh yeah I remember them derby. Probably just as well since there will be riots if the home team loses in these fixtures.

Â