Match Thread: Villa v Brentford

limpid

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Bailey has looked off the boil for me lately. He seems less inclined to take his man on without then just turning back? Diaby looks better right now to me. 

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We really are just slightly off.

Not sharp at all.

Some decent movements but the sharpness not there.

This has been the same against every team (including Brentford, away) which has just sat in and given us no space.  We really struggle.

Just now, osmark86 said:

this is the problem with English fandom imo when compared to support in other countries (at least here in Sweden). why not cheer them on instead of waiting for them to give you something to cheer? never understood this mindset.

It's not the local Sunday league team this. These tickets cost £35-60. It's premier league - the fans pay the inflated prices to go along to be entertained. I don't blame anyone who's sitting there yawning. 

I lost my voice screaming the lads on against Spurs and got humiliation to take home with me for my troubles, sometimes it's down to the XI men on the pitch to play better, not on the fans to make it so.

Just now, The_Steve said:

Top class from Diego 

World class interception. Had no right to win it. Outstanding. 

• Like 1

Collins will tire as the game goes on. His concentration is dog shit and Villa will be able to exploit that later on

Franks tactics for this game is really pathetic 

Deary me if he actually succeed with this crap 

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

this is the problem with English fandom imo when compared to support in other countries (at least here in Sweden). why not cheer them on instead of waiting for them to give you something to cheer? never understood this mindset.

If I went to a concert and the band was crap, I wouldn't cheer and clap, hoping they would get better

Our style of play now is a lot slower, and I think it affects the crowd. Run at them, go in hard and have a few shots, show some enthusiasm and the crowd  will come with you

Edited by Robtaylor200