Match Thread: Man City v Villa

limpid

What happens if Dougie gets sent off with a second yellow given that he's close to a 2 game ban for accumulated yellows?

Edited by birdman

Two poor goals to concede. Not going to blame individuals but you can't turn sideways when you're in the wall. Mind you could so easily hsvr conceded a third before ht. 

I think we've been excellent all things considered. A decimated team, never mind squad and we've battled admirably. Duran, Diaby and Zaniolo have looked really good going forward. 

A f*** up for and on the freekick but all things considered we've stuck to the task well.

I'd bring on Youri for Tim and Bailey for Rogers now and add more pace to the attack and just go for it on the counter. 

• Like 1

For an £80m bit part player I think Gvardiol has done really well vs diaby

That's a battle we need to flip in the 2nd half

Rodri is some player too, KDB gets the headlines but I genuinely think rodri is the best DMC is the world and absolutely key to them 

6 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Stupid free kick again from Luiz

cowardly from Zaniolo

Wish we had Ollie, McG and Emi

I wish we had McGrath, Pele, and Messi

• Like 1

Just now, birdman said:

What happens if Dougie gets sent off with a second yellow given that if he's close to a 2 game ban for accumulated yellows?

Yes could easily hsve got a second yellow. Weak performance from him. Seems to be more bothered about Grealish than playing the match. 

Lots of positives from that first half and it is frustrating that we are losing, which is something I didn't think I'd be writing.

Second half we just need to stay in the game for as long as we can and who knows what could happen. Not one to be defeatist but I think I'd take a loss by no more than two goals though and move on to Brentford.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

Dumb move trying to jump where he thinks it's going but anyone accusing Zaniolo of being a coward is equally stupid.  A lot of luck in trying to bend a freekick around a wall, failing, and a gap appearing just where you miss hit it.

Olsen also has been good.

Basics. If you’re the end player in the wall you don’t split and jump out - you cover the post as set out by the keeper. I thought it was cowardly - he should have faced up and taken the hit

4 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Disagree mate! 

You can disagree as much as you want. Var showing the pictures and lines 

Luiz should come off given the booking, he could do with a rest too.

Problem is that Tim is looking a little overwhelmed out there and getting pulled all over the shop.

Edited by maltesemike