Match Thread: Man City v Villa

limpid

4 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Not seen us dominated this badly since our kids played Liverpool in the cup

Seriously? They have had more of the ball but you can’t ignore the performance defensively for most of the game ? Even the first choice 11 would have done no better, who knows they might have been worse.

• Like 4

Decent performance and we've used the ball very well when we've had it.

Can't afford any more individual mistakes in the second half, because we've defended well enough.

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Luiz definitely needs to be off. Not sure who you put in his place cause Tim doesnt seem ready for this kind of game. I guess Tielemans and go more attacking?

Bring Pau on to do the " Jon Stones " role in place of Doug.

Then Tielmans slightly more advanced?

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Bring Pau on to do the " Jon Stones " role in place of Doug.

Then Tielmans slightly more advanced?

Is Pau fit enough? I dont mind the concept

• Like 1

Unfortunately, Luiz needs to come off. Can't afford a 2nd yellow and with the amount of defending we are doing it seems inevitable.

• Like 1

Duran dropping to far deep at times but has played decent as has zaniolo.

Disappointed with the wall, in fact with the free kick and the wall but we have played better than I was expecting.

If we can keep a forward presence we stand a chance of grabbing a goal.

3 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Mr Aston Villa…

and people want him back!

He's not playing for Aston Villa today. He should do everything and anything to win us. 

2 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

I can't believe there are still Villa fans that would welcome Grealish back. 

He's a word removed. End of. 

I agree for sure proper helmet that we shouldn’t forget was desperate to leave the club numerous times before he eventually went. I would however like our fans to stop booing him and just ignore him. He is irrelevant to us now almost as if he never existed to Villa 

• Like 1

Dumb move trying to jump where he thinks it's going but anyone accusing Zaniolo of being a coward is equally stupid.  A lot of luck in trying to bend a freekick around a wall, failing, and a gap appearing just where you miss hit it.

Olsen also has been good.

• Like 4

I mean, we’re pretty much going to lose this. But I don’t feel like we have shifted out of first, maybe second gear. And I think that has been planned. We probably shouldn’t have had such a shite wall for the free kick. But at the same time, us being stupid enough to give away fouls in those positions is rediculously naive. Have city given one away to us in that first 45? I don’t remember one! We have some things that we need to work on.  
But I think for us to be able to experiment and play like this which is far away from what we normally play like, is brilliant! 

Edited by Tayls