Easter Weekend Football 29/31 March

andykeenan

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

Anyone find that "Boring"?

I didn’t think it was boring. I did think it was tedious at times, but I was really impressed at Arsenal’s midfield. They were incredible. It was really something to watch that.

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

Anyone find that "Boring"?

You have to do that to get anything there, Liverpool did the same in November.

Anyone thinking we'll just get a result on Wednesday with hardly anyone in the central area and trying to out counter attack them is going to get a bit of a shock I suspect.

Doubt we'll get away with 5-6 cynical fouls like Arsenal did in the first half without one yellow either.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Not sure what he did wrong, Doku was the one making ridiculous decisions every time he got around the box.

Man. City are even more boring to watch than usual this season. 

As much as the media have been bigging them up, they've been missing something this season. Hangover from winning the treble, could be a real thing.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Not sure what he did wrong, Doku was the one making ridiculous decisions every time he got around the box.

It was completely unnecessary, and confirms the man is an utter cock. There's no way a leader should be doing that in public on pitch in front of fans and cameras. Absolutely inappropriate, if my manager did that in a team meeting, I'd be off. 

• Like 1

Kind of sad to see how poor Jack looks these days. I know he was back from injury but he's looked out of his depth for a while now. I'd be surprised if City don't get rid of him in the summer.

Amazing player in his day, loved watching him. 

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yes I thought he did okay. Put over a great left footed cross for Doku. Nobody did much creative wise from City. Arsenal played for a 0-0 and totally snuffed City out 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

As much as the media have been bigging them up, they've been missing something this season. Hangover from winning the treble, could be a real thing.

His name is Mahrez who caused havoc as a sub at times

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dale said:

It was completely unnecessary, and confirms the man is an utter cock. There's no way a leader should be doing that in public on pitch in front of fans and cameras. Absolutely inappropriate, if my manager did that in a team meeting, I'd be off. 

Its grand his fans will insist that he is passionate and not an egomaniac

Just now, foreveryoung said:

I find them incredibly boring to watch at the best of times but 2 goals in 4 games v Liverpool and Arsenal says it all. Endless attacking players but they are very risk averse this season and only natural to lose 5% from winning the treble.

This is actually the sort of game where Gundogan would've ghosted into the box and slotted in the winner. Doku was getting endless hype start of the season but from what I've seen recently he's a big downgrade on Mahrez who was a maverick matchwinner on his day.

The negative comments about the dullness of the game are quite comical, tbh. 

I mean, it's not like we haven't looked dull in certain games. Forest was one that definitely stands out.

Sure, but that doesn't mean this also wasn't dull. Not really surprising the game looked like this, bit surprised by the number of unforced technical errors thou.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

You have to do that to get anything there, Liverpool did the same in November.

Anyone thinking we'll just get a result on Wednesday with hardly anyone in the central area and trying to out counter attack them is going to get a bit of a shock I suspect.

Doubt we'll get away with 5-6 cynical fouls like Arsenal did in the first half without one yellow either.

It was tongue in cheek, after all the " boring" remarks. Hence, the capital B.

• Like 1

I mean, it's not like we haven't looked dull in certain games. Forest was one that definitely stands out.

But our games are never hyped up to be the game of the century between the two most entertaining teams for weeks on end

It was a complete wash out of a match and deserves ridicule 😆

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sne said:

Sure, but that doesn't mean this also wasn't dull. Not really surprising the game looked like this, bit surprised by the number of unforced technical errors thou.

It's the pettiness that gets me.

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Why comical? It was dull, not sure how else I could spin this? No way I will go onto the tactical masterclass or match of chess play.

4 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Yes but that was not overly hyped up in advance.

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

But our games are never hyped up to be the game of the century between the two most entertaining teams for weeks on end

It was a complete wash out of a match and deserves ridicule 😆

I've seen worse between Madrid and Barcelona, that's the nature of the beast at times. Let's hope they're dull against us on Wednesday. 

• Like 1

Â