Easter Weekend Football 29/31 March

andykeenan

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

Yes but that was not overly hyped up in advance.

Because it wasn't a top 3 game. Oftentimes the hype outweighs the spectacle. 

I remember us playing Ipswich in the FA Cup when we were the top two and that was worse than today's game.

16 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

The negative comments about the dullness of the game are quite comical, tbh. 

I mean, it's not like we haven't looked dull in certain games. Forest was one that definitely stands out.

Just calling it what it is. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Genie said:

Just calling it what it is. 

I get that, but it's subjective at the end of the day. Two teams cancelling each other out is nothing unique, no matter how good the two teams may seem on paper. You only have to look at the goal difference to see what these two teams are about. 

• Like 1

Hate to say it but rather Liverpool win the title this year, Klopp wank fest and all. 

The obsessively risk averse way Pep and Arteta play are so dull. Not that it’s not unexpected, but at the end of the day - I’m here to be entertained. 

Pep and Arteta going 442, big and little combo, deep blocks and then set piece and corner routines emphasized are as dull as they were in the yesteryears of the league. 

1 hour ago, Herman22 said:

Such a build up for a proper shower of shit! 

You don't remember when sky had "grand slam Sunday" then

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

You don't remember when sky had "grand slam Sunday" then

Wasn't that 2x 0-0 draws?! 

31 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Hate to say it but rather Liverpool win the title this year, Klopp wank fest and all. 

The obsessively risk averse way Pep and Arteta play are so dull. Not that it’s not unexpected, but at the end of the day - I’m here to be entertained. 

Pep and Arteta going 442, big and little combo, deep blocks and then set piece and corner routines emphasized are as dull as they were in the yesteryears of the league. 

For me, Pep is still the manager of the best team I've seen play football. That Barcelona team were a joy to watch. You don't win as many titles as Pep has by playing negative, dull football. The goals scored between them and Arsenal doesn't reflect defensive football. 

5 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

For me, Pep is still the manager of the best team I've seen play football. That Barcelona team were a joy to watch. You don't win as many titles as Pep has by playing negative, dull football. The goals scored between them and Arsenal doesn't reflect defensive football. 

I mean it’s all well and good beating up the Sheffield’s of the league but his approach vs Arsenal and sometimes Liverpool has been one of abundant caution. 

He wasn’t always this way but has been far more risk averse lately. 

4 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

I mean it’s all well and good beating up the Sheffield’s of the league but his approach vs Arsenal and sometimes Liverpool has been one of abundant caution. 

He wasn’t always this way but has been far more risk averse lately. 

Emery can be risk averse at times, it's not a prerogative to go gung - ho, especially when there's so much at stake.

Edited by sheepyvillian

Well it was a boring 0-0 when I stopped watching at halftime.

Have been to the cinema and was entertained. Searched the result and find the borefest continued.

does this mean United are back in the title race now? 😂

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Lochheads twin said:

Well it was a boring 0-0 when I stopped watching at halftime.

Have been to the cinema and was entertained. Searched the result and find the borefest continued.

does this mean United are back in the title race now? 😂

Must be the pressure manure exerted by drawing to Brentford.....Neville 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Strange take, Arsenal are top scorers and also have the best defence. They are an entertaining team by any metric.

19 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Strange take, Arsenal are top scorers and also have the best defence. They are an entertaining team by any metric.

It's more of a complaint really in the stylistic approaches of Arteta/Klopp/Pep.

Can't knock the results - best attack and defence in the league but Arteta sets out to grind these boring results with City, and at times Liverpool though they did tear them apart 3-1 in the second fixture.

As a result - these matches aren't title deciders so much in that it's Arteta making sure that the other side doesn't get 3 points.

I get it - it's just boring.

Then they can beat up on relegation sides 5-0, 6-0 and etc.

In a way - I guess I should compliment Arteta for his adaptability switching between the things he learned under Pep and then the things he learned under Moyes.

But the end result is that these matches up are dull as all.

Â