Pre-match thread - Cup Final 3 of 10

ender4

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Yeah that’s called writing it off. 

I wasn’t complaining. In fact I think it’s very sensible. 

But let’s not pretend it’s anything other than what it is. We’re sacrificing the game. 

That doesn’t mean we have no chance and that the team out there won’t give it their all. 

It does mean we’re prioritising other games

It's a free hit 

Just play like it and see what happens, these guys are playing for starts for the rest of the season including the ECL games

Wouldn't say no to KKH and kellyman getting involved at some point too

Duran hattrick or red card incoming, maybe both 

• Like 2

Just now, duke313 said:

Treble winners minus Haaland, KDB, Ederson, Stones, Walker, Ake.

Yeah but the cheating b******* have another 500 million to replace them with. 

Just now, GlobalVillan said:

I don't think it is an opportunity though. Being hammered and seeing f*** all of the ball will not be good for development or confidence.

They are basically lambs to the slaughter. 

Think that’s far too defeatist and negative…

and Unai deserves a hell of a lot more faith and trust than that… don’t underestimate him and fail to appreciate him, we are beyond lucky to have him as the manager of our club…

we will never “sack a game off”, there will be some form of a gameplan at the very least…

I’m sure the intent is still to try and get a result, put squad rotation to use (rest some big players who have had niggles, mainly Pau, for the busy schedule ahead) and give a few a chance who have shown promising signs and a potential return/rise to form… Unai is not a short sighted manager and sees the bigger picture… so intelligent.

let’s watch the game before despairing, declaring defeat or disaster and even coming out with damning indictments…

we’re having an incredible season, despite all the setbacks and injuries.

try to enjoy it

we don’t deserve to make demands… some appreciation is warranted…

UTV

Just now, claretman said:

Olsen is in.  Any hope, if there was any, has faded.

Oh my god. Seriously worried about the Premier League record now. Not even kidding.

• Haha 3

I think most people expected us to lose anyway, I’m not saying we will but I can understand resting key players for games we have more chance in. In the plus side, it might be fun seen what this version of Villa can do? 

People were calling this a free hit and now are upset we aren't going full strength.  Which one is it?  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

God I'm staying out of this match thread you can already sense the **** moaning. 

Most people have accepted the logic. Who cares if there are people that disagree? It's normal.

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

Where's the Martinez news? 

That's not good as it must be a late injury. That could be horrendous if it's long term.

Villa's Twitter says illness.

• Thanks 1