Pre-match thread - Cup Final 3 of 10

ender4

Looking at the line ups we are going to get a hiding this evening. Saving the boys for the conference then Brentford.

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

Really? No McGinn, Kamara, Watkins, Bailey or Torres away to the treble winners?

I don't think it's even possible to overstate the changes tbh.

McGinn, Kamara and Watkins would be unavailable anyway?

Torres for Lenglet and Bailey for Zaniolo is a downgrade sure but good grief you are being massively hyperbolic here.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

Playing first team football against top opposition is of course good for development. 

And confidence? You've got Emery putting them in the starting line up. You don't think that builds confidence? 

Not if they get trounced. No.

This is one hell of a bold (crazy) move. 

My concern is Youri missing from the centre with Dougie and Pau missing from the back. Dougie could get overrun in the centre. Other than that I think all will come on including Leon with fresh legs second half when City like to turn the up the tempo on teams. I think Pep leaving KDB, Haaland etc indicates they'll go for broke 2nd half if they ain't already ahead. It's bold but if City start slow and we can stay in it.... who knows. It's a more physical set up from us that's for sure.  

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

Really? No McGinn, Kamara, Watkins, Tielemans, Bailey or Torres away to the treble winners?

I don't think it's even possible to overstate the changes tbh.

Treble winners minus Haaland, KDB, Ederson, Stones, Walker, Ake.

Our strongest 11 could go to City and lose 95 times out of 11.

We put a near full rotation.

"We're not binning it off."

It's fine. You can say it. No body will think less of you.

And it's the right call absolutely.

Could be kinda fun maybe? Be interesting to see how some of these players perform. Can understand the logic in giving players a rest and not risking more injuries in a game we're unlikely to win anyway. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

For those questioning the line up… Emery is probably in the top 3 coaches in the world right now, I think he’s earned our trust with this one.

Not for some of the fans we have who seem to think it is still 1981 and there is a first eleven. 

Oh my. Let's hope there are some Unai tactical shenanigans on the way, cos that is not terribly inspiring. Anyway - cmon lads - make us eat our words 

Might ditch the match thread I think.