New Aston Villa Stadium Chat

VillaChris

4 hours ago, tinker said:

Waiting for Birmingham to sort it's transport infrastructure out isn't going to be quick enough for us. We need move to an area of the city where the infrastructure is already there. Anyone that knows Birmingham well knows where that is......

Two railways stations within walking distance, a major UK motorway on the doorstep...

Yep, I know that place 🙃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Two railways stations within walking distance, a major UK motorway on the doorstep...

Yep, I know that place 🙃

Parking, international train station, airport, hs2 terminal, arena, entertainment center, hotels and 2 motorways one, with direct access. Land available.......

19 minutes ago, tinker said:

Parking, international train station, airport, hs2 terminal, arena, entertainment center, hotels and 2 motorways one, with direct access. Land available.......

Don’t live in the West Mid anymore, assume you’re referring to space being available near Curzon Street Station? 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Buffs said:

Don’t live in the West Mid anymore, assume you’re referring to space being available near Curzon Street Station? 

Tinker is talking about the NEC.

It's totally the wrong side of Birmingham for me to be acceptable, despite some of the obvious listed advantages.

Edit: also, anyone who's been stuck in the NEC car park after a concert will probably get the shivers at the thought of 50,000+ people trying to leave that area, despite what on the face of it appear to be excellent travel connections.

Edited by Lichfield Dean
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Yep, I know that place 🙃

And yet getting in and out of the area on any mode of transport is a nightmare. 

29 minutes ago, thabucks said:

we are not in Aston but Witton … 

When we were formed Witton was part of the old Aston district, which is now part of Birmingham as a whole. We are from Aston. End of.

Certainly not Marston Green.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Right next to Witton Hall, The Witton Tavern and The Witton Expressway! 

As much I enjoy reading this thread for opinions that differ from my own, I am yet to read one that can convince me that Villa's stadium doesn't belong exactly where it is right now.

Does it need redeveloping? Yes. I'd even go as far as to say I dislike 3 of it's stands. But it's location isn't the problem. I'm just more than aware that a move will give me infinite things that I'm likely to despise even more than the stadium as it is right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why does everyone make it seem like there is no compromise between out dated ground, " nostalgia " and " Bland Bowl " ?

Yep, this thread is full of the false dichotomy between our ancient and beloved home and the most soulless bowl imaginable.

In fact, we basically already know what a modern version of an Aston Villa stadium might look like, because we've seen the renderings of the proposed North Stand. There's no reason that aesthetic can't be expanded to a whole stadium design.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

We need a new stadium on the current site.

Yes in a perfect world but this does not solve the transportation issues and we would be totally screwed for FFP for the period of the stadium build. 

6 hours ago, thabucks said:

That sounds like somethng SHA or Baggies fans say about us.

Our address is B6, Trinity Rd, which is in Aston.

The plot of land that VP sits on is so big that part of the ground edges into Witton but our address is most definitely Aston. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Evolve or die.

Isn’t it the additional interest payments on the stadium that is getting Everton into trouble with PSR and thus getting points deduction which could see them ultimately relegated at the end of the season.  

So in the current climate it’s not ‘Evolve or die’ but ‘Evolve and die’.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Yep, this thread is full of the false dichotomy between our ancient and beloved home and the most soulless bowl imaginable.

In fact, we basically already know what a modern version of an Aston Villa stadium might look like, because we've seen the renderings of the proposed North Stand. There's no reason that aesthetic can't be expanded to a whole stadium design.

In theory, with modern technology and construction methods they could probably create an even better version of VP.

Four modern and upgraded " Holte Ends " for example.

Aside from this, I've said in the past that we may even get a redevelopment proposal, even more impressive than the previous one, with the heavy hitters we now have on board.

However it's the folks with more knowledge than me who make it seem like VP is very limited in what can actually be done which have me second guessing.

Makes it seem like even building a new VP on the current site would basically be impossible.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In theory, with modern technology and construction methods they could probably create an even better version of VP.

Four modern and upgraded " Holte Ends " for example.

Aside from this, I've said in the past that we may even get a redevelopment proposal, even more impressive than the previous one, with the heavy hitters we now have on board.

However it's the folks with more knowledge than me who make it seem like VP is very limited in what can actually be done which have me second guessing.

Makes it seem like even building a new VP on the current site would basically be impossible.

The thing with redeveloping the current ground is that if we don't start in the next year or two then we can't start until after Euro 2028, unless we give up the rights to hold matches.  It wouldn't surprise me if Heck doesn’t really care about the Euros if we don't really make that much money out of it.  Either way it's going to be a lot more seasons with the North Stand as it is, maybe even another decade at this rate, which is pretty unsatisfactory.  That's the main reason why I reckon there's a possibility that they're looking at relocating somewhere else, in fact they'd be a bit mad not to look into it.

• Like 3