Match Thread: West Ham v Villa

limpid

Just now, TheMightyVillans said:

digne for moreno

diaby for duran

cash for lenglet

tim for rogers

Duran has been given no service really. The one time he was in a dangerous area Bailey fails to see him.

I'm sick of hearing the tired argument. Other than Ollie, Luiz and Bailey the rest should have plenty of energy. Luiz is on his own in the middle because Tielemans is dogshit, Ollie may as well be on his own other than Bailey because Duran and Rogers are doing absolutely nothing in support. Moreno.... the less said the better. Get Cash on for Lenglet, Konsa back central, Digne on for Moreno. Rogers off for Tm and get Luiz more advanced in the 8 role. That should give us more legs for a start. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

West Ham have not even been good, we’ve basically handed that half to them 🤦‍♂️

At least we’re only 1 down… have to be MUCH better in the second half…

would be so frustrating to lose this after playing so crap… we can still win if we wake up and perform!

Changes needed… 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Duran acting and gesturing like prime Inzaghi every time he doesn't get the pass which is kinda funny since he himself has tunnel vision every time he has the ball and is only looking for his shot. Must be a frustrating guy to play with

He's got goalscorer's balls though!

Just now, Reivax_Villa said:

We are not ready for Champions league and premier league football next season.. We dont have the squad and quality..

Our performances have not been that good this season..

A few players have not stepped up.. Diaby,Cash,  Zaniolo & Moreno

So much wrong in this post.

Just now, rbcuk said:

Need to get Duran and Rogers off at half time 

Championship players in a top 4 chasing side. That is obviously never going to work out well.

McGinn's red card means we are likely to get between 0 and 4 (max) points from these 3 games given the injuries we have on top of that.

Replacing Kamara and McGinn with Duran and Rogers is such a big drop in quality that the outcome is obvious.

When we face a decent team we lose. I hope 6th place at least gets Europa as going back into Conference League would be a truly shambolic end. 

Season unravelling as we all deep down knew it would 

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Troglodyte said:

Mainly fatigue. 

Nervousness. 

Youth and inexperience. 

Pressure. 

Getting used to tactical changes. 

Any combination of these things and more. 

But of course, if you have fewer than ten brain cells, the easiest conclusion to draw is that these professional footballers who are pushed by a world class coach and on the verge of qualifying for a major competition that would take their careers to the next step are choosing to be lazy at this point of the season. 

Stop arguing with yourself.

They are playing poorly, there's no real excuses, they are paid and trained to play football. McGinn is a huge loss, but I'm not having the fatigue boll***s.

If you are right, we may aswell concede the season.

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Livid. No VAR review either - commentators implied they saw nothing wrong with it. 

There was a VAR check. Commentators on my stream thought they'd got lucky with the decision. 

Just now, avfc1982am said:

I'm sick of hearing the tired argument. Other than Ollie, Luiz and Bailey the rest should have plenty of energy. Luiz is on his own in the middle because Tielemans is dogshit, Ollie may as well be on his own other than Bailey because Duran and Rogers are doing absolutely nothing in support. Moreno.... the less said the better. Get Cash on for Lenglet, Konsa back central, Digne on for Moreno. Rogers off for Tm and get Luiz more advanced in the 8 role. That should give us more legs for a start. 

Tielemans isn’t dogshit. He’s been good when in the right position but he’s playing in a spot he’s got no business in. Should put Tim in his spot and move him up to replace rogers. Give him a more attacking role.

4 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

Same issues weekly and we see no improvement baffling and we have a set pieces coach school boy stuff.

18 months ago we were in 16th, so I think we have in fact seen improvement.  

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

Defending for that goal was as bad as against Spurs, defenders just don’t want to throw themselves at the ball. 

I love Konsa but it does seem to me that he often gets the wrong side of his man.

Overall a bit of a shambles, we genuinely look like we have gone for a mental 4-2-4.  The defenders playing around with it with not much on and losing it.  Just bizarre, we need to change it up while it's still only 1-0.

• Like 2

Champions league teams do not play as badly as we have in the last 2 games or in general since Christmas. We just aren’t there yet at all. 

we’ve got into this really annoying mid table routine of being good one week and terrible the next, top 4 teams don’t perform that way.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, maltesemike said:

I can’t understand how Tielemans can be so immobile. He’s like a statue. How can a premier league player look so laboured?

He’s only 26 but plays like a 36 year old 🤦‍♂️

Frustrating that we have been forced to push him further back, sick of these injuries and suspensions.