England v Brazil /England v Belgium

andykeenan

1 minute ago, VillaBrum said:

I think that Bowen has booked his seat on the coach

Has Sunak put so much money in Tories' pockets that even the England football team cannot afford to fly to Germany?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Youri pinging it about like prime Pirlo

If I was an England fan this would worry me as happens so many times against better teams. Its why I think Declan Rice is limited at international and Champions League level

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

Dunk should not be on that pitch.

What's the actual point of playing him. He's 32, barely got a look in for England and all this does is now block players like Konsa, Branthwaite, Gomez from gaining the match experience they need for future years.

• Like 1

For what it's worth, that wasn't a bad half of football.  We're far the better side but have **** up twice at the back and been punished.

Just now, AndyM3000 said:

What's the actual point of playing him. He's 32, barely got a look in for England and all this does is now block players like Konsa, Branthwaite, Gomez from gaining the match experience they need for future years.

I'm guessing for the tournament that happens in, what, 3 months?

1 minute ago, Django_Zooms said:

"Belgian hero Tielemans linked with £40 million move to Manchester United." (FootballInsider)

Always new he was too good for a midtable club.

Ohh, hang on 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Bellingham is a great player, but starting to look like he's too big for this game. Wants to do too much himself, getting annoyed at team mates.

Came to say the same, you can already see it that when the chips are down in a big knock out game he's the next England player in line to go full blown roy of the rovers making things worse not better 

3 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

"Belgian hero Tielemans linked with £40 million move to Manchester United." (FootballInsider)

No chance, Gareth isn't signing him.

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If I was an England fan this would worry me as happens so many times against better teams. Its why I think Declan Rice is limited at international and Champions League level

Rice should be holding, Bellingham playing at 8 as a ball carrier and someone creative in as a 10.  There’s nothing new left to say about Southgate’s lack of tactical ability, but he’s the problem and has been for many years. 

4 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

He's got a big nose so Gareth sees his call up as the swansong he wasn't given.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

To be fair, other than the penalty win/goal I don't think Toney has really done anything of note.

I think he's done more than Watkins tbf but then England have a complete different set up, at no point vs Brazil did England look like they were even trying to play a through ball up the middle, tonight that pass is on and his movement is there for it, whereas Ollie I thought at times wasn't moving cos that ball wasn't coming 

Bowen is the difference 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Rice should be holding, Bellingham playing at 8 as a ball carrier and someone creative in as a 10.  There’s nothing new left to say about Southgate’s lack of tactical ability, but he’s the problem and has been for many years. 

To be fair 10 is where he’s been outstanding for Madrid 

Â