England v Brazil /England v Belgium

andykeenan

5 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Don't be daft, if he had tried that, greedy Bellingham would have charged in and made it all about him. 

They'd have retired his number again.

Mate.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I still stand by it. Palmer stats look good through mainly penalties and set pieces but he doesnt impress me at all from the eye test

If was Spanish he be playing for the Chelsea level like Levante or similar

Madness tbh. No idea who you're watching.

And I also think 'through penalties and set pieces' is a load of rubbish. No idea how to check but I'd say he has plenty of contributions from open play.

• Like 1

Even with five pens, he averages a goal contribution every 92 minutes in the league, or one every 99 minutes in all comps. Chelsea must really be excellent at set pieces.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

He won’t last 4 months in his next job. As soon as it’s announced I’ll put money on him being sacked.

Same 😆 easy money.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Even with five pens, he averages a goal contribution every 92 minutes in the league, or one every 99 minutes in all comps. Chelsea must really be excellent at set pieces.

Even then he wouldnt be the first person to have a great stats season in his first Premier League season

I see nothing from him to keep it up and City definitely wouldn't have sold him

54 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Foden doesn't get involved anywhere near enough for me. Palmer can change games, he did it against us this season.

Foden scores for fun in that Man City team. Bellingham is world class, but was pretty quiet.

It ain't the players. 

• Like 3

Watkins is already getting slated in some places. The Sky Sports ratings in particular are great, giving him a 5/10 and criticising him for having 20 touches in the whole game.

No **** created anything and even when Watkins was in space, Bellingham seemed to not want to pass to him anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I dont think Roberto Martinez has any opinion on this. He did nothing with a good Belgium team and will soon ruin a good Portugal team

image.jpeg.0185de5fc6a92e9b6c2aa2220765348e.jpeg

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Tom13 said:

For right wing I'd have both Bowen and Palmer ahead of Foden. Starting to think Foden is a system player, does little to nothing for England.

I dont think hes a system player but you do have to actually pass to him and make space for him. Southgate loves Kane because he drops in giving another body in the midfield but also allows the wingers to be the outlet and hope the pace can unlock the other team hence why hes continually used Sterling and Rashford during his time. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Watkins is already getting slated in some places. The Sky Sports ratings in particular are great, giving him a 5/10 and criticising him for having 20 touches in the whole game.

No **** created anything and even when Watkins was in space, Bellingham seemed to not want to pass to him anyway.

If Bellingham could only pass to himself, he would. 

• Like 1

BBC mentioned ollies miss, they obviously never watched the game as it was clearly a blocked shot as picked up by all the commentary teams (eventually) . How do these BBC reporters keep their jobs, hopeless.

Can't help but miss the swash buckling influence Greaslish used to have on these type of games, we have such a good squad of players it's criminal that Southgate and Holland have managed to win nothing and part of the blame has to go to the press, especially the bbc who appear to comment on a game they don't even watch.

13 minutes ago, tinker said:

BBC mentioned ollies miss, they obviously never watched the game as it was clearly a blocked shot as picked up by all the commentary teams (eventually) . How do these BBC reporters keep their jobs, hopeless.

Can't help but miss the swash buckling influence Greaslish used to have on these type of games, we have such a good squad of players it's criminal that Southgate and Holland have managed to win nothing and part of the blame has to go to the press, especially the bbc who appear to comment on a game they don't even watch.

One for the papers criticised him for a bad first touch allowing the defender to make the tackle 

I'm sure the Commentator last night was also waxing lyrical at the quality of the through ball from Gallagher 

Both are laughable 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

One for the papers criticised him for a bad first touch allowing the defender to make the tackle 

I'm sure the Commentator last night was also waxing lyrical at the quality of the through ball from Gallagher 

Both are laughable 

I turned it off pretty early on because I wasn't really excited for the game to begin with. But if it's the chance that I saw then it wasn't a shot, the defender kicked it on to Ollie. Literally no way to score that other than fluke. **** the media

Edited by TreeVillan
  • Like 1

All last night showed is how critical Kane remains. Without him there's a lack of idea in the final third.

I was actually a bit disappointed not to see Maddison at any point in the second half. He remains on the periphery in Southgate's thinking despite a very good club season so far, identical situation to Grealish in the first part of 2021.

Edited by VillaChris

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

All last night showed is how critical Kane remains. Without him there's a lack of idea in the final third.

I was actually a bit disappointed not to see Maddison at any point in the second half. He remains on the periphery in Southgate's thinking despite a very good club season so far, identical situation to Grealish in the first part of 2021.

Too much of a risk to Southgate. Need to make ourselves hard to beat and then try and nick a goal somewhere through a set piece. 

17 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Foden scores for fun in that Man City team. Bellingham is world class, but was pretty quiet.

It ain't the players. 

I disagree about Bellingham being quiet, he was involved loads. Not saying they'll hit the heights they do at club level under Southgate but Foden was anonymous last night.

4 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Too much of a risk to Southgate. Need to make ourselves hard to beat and then try and nick a goal somewhere through a set piece. 

Through some Harry Maguire shoulder riding.

18 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I agree. I think he's a.real talent who might end up being better than Foden. Pity he plays for Chelsea though. Let's face its he been the star player in a very expensive Chelsea team who have largely struggled and he's still only 21.

• Like 1

Â