Midweek Football 11/14 March

andykeenan

Porto showing how to attack this Arsenal team. Have to get at them down the flanks where they're weakest.

Edited by DJBOB

4 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

Pretty shite? We’re not finishing below 6th. I imagine we’ll probably finish 5th. This could be enough for champions league. How could anyone describe this season as pretty shite, particularly with the injuries we’ve had all season? 

It would be pretty great. And even greater if we win the ECL.

negativity about us seems to be creeping into almost every thread on this forum...

it's truly astonishing  

what's the old northern saying?......nowt so queer as folk!!!!

Great goal by Arsenal. As much as I dont like Arteta, I'm all about what helps us the most and Arsenal getting through is a big boost for our hopes of Champions League (accepting that we might finish 5th and that would still be an amazing season, and finishing 4th is still a distinct possibility). 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

Pretty shite? We’re not finishing below 6th. I imagine we’ll probably finish 5th. This could be enough for champions league. How could anyone describe this season as pretty shite, particularly with the injuries we’ve had all season? 

Check out where West Ham were in the table this team last year while in their first European trip in a while and tell me how shit we are this year by our comparative placement.

Ask Brighton about their league table place this year in their trip to Europe. Hell while you're down there, dip a bit lower and ask Newcastle about it.

We are so, so far ahead of the curve. It is the hope that gets you, I understand, but perspective and consideration aren't really in the DNA of fan message boards.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

Pretty shite might be overdoing it, but if we went from a whisker away from top at Christmas to finishing 6th, and bombed out of the ECL at the first knockout stage it would be really disappointing.

Big few weeks coming up. We could still go deep into the ECL and finish in 4th. 

Hopefully a good result against Ajax is the catalyst to a strong finish.

43 minutes ago, imavillan said:

negativity about us seems to be creeping into almost every thread on this forum...

it's truly astonishing  

what's the old northern saying?......nowt so queer as folk!!!!

ah yeah be a relegation thread starting soon

• Haha 2

Troy Deeney.....'talking about the nose game

quote ''it's taken them 88 minutes to realise that Jukey is the best header of the ball in the Championship history'' 🤣

what a monster of a bell end 

Â