On 12/03/2024 at 21:15, Talldarkandransome said:

Your sons ticket will only appear on the app on his login. You can't view them from yours. I have the same problem with ours. I can normally add to wallet from the ticket email but if that doesn't work then I have to log in as him and add to my wallet from there.

As a parent booking tickets for children, im not sure why the child needs their own app log in and account. If I go bowling, cinema, theme park etc a child doesn't require their own account to book and receive tickets. I just feel its another way to monitor and find ways to rip us off.

On 12/03/2024 at 22:14, OutByEaster? said:

I don't want an Apple wallet. I'm not even sure what an Apple wallet is. Do you need an iPhone? 

I've already got the ticket, and the QR code electronically, why are people so keen to force me to engage with a third party?

Exactly my thoughts.

11 minutes ago, turvontour said:

What's the difference between showing the QR code from your ticket email, and taking a screenshot of it to show? Both work for me.

The QR code on the app seems to change every so often, I don't know if it's rotating or changing entirely, I don't understand it as I've never seen it before anywhere else. 

Also, we've both had had problems using the app in the past to get into the ground, immediate red light at the turnstiles, then had to go to the ticket office by the Holte, queue up, paper ticket, (asked to) queue again (look for head steward in that situation) and then scan in again. 

11 minutes ago, turvontour said:

What's the difference between showing the QR code from your ticket email, and taking a screenshot of it to show? Both work for me.

But also, I've known people by us that have printed it, and never had an issue. I'm not sure why the QR code changes at all to be honest.

46 minutes ago, turvontour said:

As a parent booking tickets for children, im not sure why the child needs their own app log in and account. If I go bowling, cinema, theme park etc a child doesn't require their own account to book and receive tickets. I just feel its another way to monitor and find ways to rip us off.

I agree with you that it should be simpler but I don't think it's a clandestine way of monitoring anyone... I usually add our tickets to my Google wallet from the email with the PDFs on.

All my lad asks me is Daddy have you sorted the tickets, he doesn't care how or why...

Re theme parks, my lad has his own card for that too. I control the purchase/booking but he uses his own card for access. It gives him some responsibility but I have overall control.

Honestly, I really like the wallet access and I'm a technophobe and conspiracy theorist.

9 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Last time they shut it off I said to the copper that  I wanted to go get a battered sausage from the Villa chip shop. I brought a battered sausage and walked all the way round through the park up to the Holte on my own with a soul insight

It was great

Last time I told a copper that I ended up in A and E and had to have a skin graft to my genitals. 

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I’m a bit confused, I’ll be walking from star city, and sitting in Trinity, the OS seems to say that I’ll have to head up Witton Lane as normal but go round to the North stand (passing the DE) and access the Trinity there, is that right?

Yes, as OBE has said, you will be fine, its those of us coming from the other direction that cause all the trouble and get a sight seeing trip around the ground. ;)

Edited by John
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

You’d hear it all the time on tv, in the papers, people saying we were favourites and had the strongest squad. I know I sure heard it all the time. 

But the original point made (that we haven't looked like world beaters despite this) is moot anyway. 

We've looked exactly as good as we've needed to to get to the stage we're at. Emery isn't trying to wipe the floor with every opponent. He's balancing the need to progress with the need to prioritise the Premier League. 

At this stage, we should expect to so start using our stronger lineups, but the opposition will be better (most likely Europa league drop outs), and we've got injuries piling up so I don't expect us to be looking like world beaters still.

Weird complaint to have that we've qualified for the knock out stages but not looked good doing it.

Edited by MrBlack

The kiss of death for tonight’s match:-

1. Ajax have drawn 0-0 at home in the first leg of European competitions 3 times..on all occasions they have lost the away game.

2. Ajax last win in England was 2018/19 and have lost all four games in England since.

3. Brian Bobbey hasn’t scored in his four games in this seasons Conference League.

• Sad 1

When the draw was made I felt confident Villa would get through this over 2 legs. Even after the poor performance last Thursday I would have taken a 0-0 away from home in Europe but I think the Spurs performance has deflated me. Man Utd, Spurs and Chelsea at home this season - big games where people expected us to win and we've come away with 2 battering's and a last minute defeat. I wouldn't say we've been particularly convincing at home in the group stage either so don't know what to expect tonight.

Just please don't go to pens. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Oh right, fair enough, that makes it easier. The instructions were clear as mud. Although to be fair I am a moron.

It's usually restricting access on witton lane as that is where the away fans are. Like they used to do when we played Blues.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

It's usually restricting access on witton lane as that is where the away fans are. Like they used to do when we played Blues.

Ah thanks, I think it was because I looked at the little diagram they made and it confused me… but as I say, it doesn’t take much 😂 

Here it is; 

image.thumb.jpeg.b59de5a1e89a360a570848790869eeca.jpeg

35 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Ah thanks, I think it was because I looked at the little diagram they made and it confused me… but as I say, it doesn’t take much 😂 

Here it is; 

image.thumb.jpeg.b59de5a1e89a360a570848790869eeca.jpeg

Need another key of me with my battered sausage walking along Manor Road 

• Haha 3

We need it to be bloody loud tonight, even if we go a goal behind, if it's flat for a European knockout game against Ajax of Amsterdam 16 months after I was certain we were heading for a relegation battle under Gerrard for Pete's sake then we need a full inquest.

• Like 4