14 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

So have I, but they're trying very hard to push us into their App or wallets. 

Sadly I think this is the future and we'll be all electronic next season and all through their app.

Ah well, hopefully my data is helping with our FFP problems.

Well I've downloaded the app and can't see my sons ticket in there so will just stick to my usual method. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Well I've downloaded the app and can't see my sons ticket in there so will just stick to my usual method. 

Your sons ticket will only appear on the app on his login. You can't view them from yours. I have the same problem with ours. I can normally add to wallet from the ticket email but if that doesn't work then I have to log in as him and add to my wallet from there.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2024/march/12/Get-Matchday-Ready--Ajax-at-Villa-Park/

image.png

I'm not sure if it means that only screenshots from the App won't work, but I'm hoping they haven't chosen this game to try to force everyone to download the App by removing the straightforward opening of the QR code from the email.

I've printed mine from home* just in case.

*work obviously.

Or you could tap "add to Apple wallet" at the bottom of that screen.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, limpid said:

Or you could tap "add to Apple wallet" at the bottom of that screen.

I don't want an Apple wallet. I'm not even sure what an Apple wallet is. Do you need an iPhone? 

I've already got the ticket, and the QR code electronically, why are people so keen to force me to engage with a third party?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't want an Apple wallet. I'm not even sure what an Apple wallet is. Do you need an iPhone? 

I've already got the ticket, and the QR code electronically, why are people so keen to force me to engage with a third party?

The wallet is already on your phone. If you have an iPhone you have an Apple wallet. If you have an Android you have a Google wallet. It's what makes contactless payments work.

There is no third party. The ticket is stored locally on your phone. No network connection is needed to use it, once you've added it to the wallet.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, limpid said:

The wallet is already on your phone. If you have an iPhone you have an Apple wallet. If you have an Android you have a Google wallet. It's what makes contactless payments work.

There is no third party. The ticket is stored locally on your phone. No network connection is needed to use it, once you've added it to the wallet.

The ticket is already stored on my phone in my email account. I make contactless payments with my card and I don't have to charge it every night. 

Anyways, hopefully everyone gets into the ground in an orderly fashion and we don't end up with queues - get there early is probably good advice.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The ticket is already stored on my phone in my email account. I make contactless payments with my card and I don't have to charge it every night. 

Anyways, hopefully everyone gets into the ground in an orderly fashion and we don't end up with queues - get there early is probably good advice.

It's a lot more secure to use your phone for payments than to use a card. You have to hope your email client still has that email cached if you haven't got connectivity at the turnstile. If everyone that can use contactless, did use contactless, the queues wouldn't be as long.

But the choice is yours and this is veering off topic.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

I assume this goes to extra time and not straight to pens if it remains a draw? Could be a late night 

Yep, any sort of draw will result in extra time, which we could do without with West Ham on Sunday.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

Lol I am as well 😬

Good luck! Normally I do but last train back for me is 11pm at Snow Hill so if it went all the way I would either have to miss extra time or find a nice bench. So the pleasure of the rush hour it is then.

On 10/03/2024 at 13:38, villan95 said:

Martinez

Cash, Carlos, Torres, Moreno

Bailey, McGinn, Luiz, Zaniolo

Diaby, Watkins

2-0 Villa

Close. I like it. Let me fix that ...

Martinez

Bailey, McGinn, Luiz, Diaby

Tielemans           

Watkins

We should experiment with Diaby on the left. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Close. I like it. Let me fix that ...

Martinez

Bailey, McGinn, Luiz, Diaby

Tielemans           

Watkins

We should experiment with Diaby on the left. 

Tim needs to start if he's going to be starting Prem games, needs minutes in the legs.

• Like 1

Not the game for too much experimenting for me and with no Konsa or Zaniolo due to suspension and Mings, Buendia and Kamara obviously not available, Ramsey struggling for fitness and Chambers not registered, I'd go with....

Martinez

Cash Carlos Torres Moreno

Iroegbunam Luiz

Bailey Tielemans McGinn

Watkins

Olsen, Gauci, KKH, Lenglet, Digne, Rogers, Kellyman, Bogarde, Duran, Diaby

7 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Not the game for too much experimenting for me and with no Konsa or Zaniolo due to suspension and Mings, Buendia and Kamara obviously not available, Ramsey struggling for fitness and Chambers not registered, I'd go with....

Martinez

Cash Carlos Torres Moreno

Iroegbunam Luiz

Bailey Tielemans McGinn

Watkins

Olsen, Gauci, KKH, Lenglet, Digne, Rogers, Kellyman, Bogarde, Duran, Diaby

Exactly what I'd go for. 

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

Yep, any sort of draw will result in extra time, which we could do without with West Ham on Sunday.

Really? No away goal advantage?