4 hours ago, limpid said:

It's a lot more secure to use your phone for payments than to use a card. You have to hope your email client still has that email cached if you haven't got connectivity at the turnstile. If everyone that can use contactless, did use contactless, the queues wouldn't be as long.

But the choice is yours and this is veering off topic.

"Here's Johnny"😀

The-Shining-Jack-Nicholson-Through-Door.webp

Edited by TRO

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Away goals were scrapped a few seasons ago.  

Thanks. Haven't followed European football, as you can see :)

1 hour ago, Talldarkandransome said:

You will need to clarify who too as lots of folk on here said 4-0 on Sunday. The cosmos got confused so needs clarity to prevent a similar balls up.

I'll leave my options open😀

People say Ajax are Championship level, well we couldn't beat them in the last round, in the group stages Legia Warsaw beat us, Mostar got a draw with us and we needed a late goal to beat them in the other game, and when we played an actual Championsip team in the Cup we needed a late goal to beat them too.

So it's not as simple as them being Championship level so we should be comfortably beating them, teams play up a level in these competitions

Not that I agree that Ajax are Championship level to begin with anyway, and their general form isn't as bad as suggested either, only two defeats in the last sixteen league games.

So could be a tough match

I see that we are having to access the Scottish Stand and the Holte End by walking around the stadium again, rather than by walking up Witton Lane (when travelling from the Witton island side). Is this going to be the case for all European games from now on? Surely if away fans for PL games can be managed without doing this, the same could be the case for most of these games? 

Back to the football, we need the confidence that the first goal will give us tomorrow and that a win will give us, for our trip to Wet Spam. 🤞

The club have confirmed that you can use the QR code directly from the email they sent the tickets to you on - you don't need to download the App. However, you may have trouble if you're going off a screenshot. 

2 hours ago, John said:

I see that we are having to access the Scottish Stand and the Holte End by walking around the stadium again, rather than by walking up Witton Lane (when travelling from the Witton island side). Is this going to be the case for all European games from now on? Surely if away fans for PL games can be managed without doing this, the same could be the case for most of these games? 

Back to the football, we need the confidence that the first goal will give us tomorrow and that a win will give us, for our trip to Wet Spam. 🤞

I’m a bit confused, I’ll be walking from star city, and sitting in Trinity, the OS seems to say that I’ll have to head up Witton Lane as normal but go round to the North stand (passing the DE) and access the Trinity there, is that right?

6 hours ago, duke313 said:

Away goals were scrapped a few seasons ago.  

Along with proper brown leather lace up balls and proper black boots, the game’s gone I tell you!! Before you know it we’ll be kicking off at all sorts of times but never 3pm on a Saturday!!! There’ll be goalies and centre halves in white boots next!! And girls running the line!!! Heaven preserve us!! The game’s gone!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I’m a bit confused, I’ll be walking from star city, and sitting in Trinity, the OS seems to say that I’ll have to head up Witton Lane as normal but go round to the North stand (passing the DE) and access the Trinity there, is that right?

I don't think that's the case - I don't think you'll be able to passs the corner of the North Stand and Witton Lane - I think past the Hotel pub on the left as usual.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't think that's the case - I don't think you'll be able to passs the corner of the North Stand and Witton Lane - I think past the Hotel pub on the left as usual.

Oh right, fair enough, that makes it easier. The instructions were clear as mud. Although to be fair I am a moron.

Get there early, make sure you've got the right ticket, don't try to use your season ticket and hopefully we all get in easily and on time.

Either print it, use the Villa App, download it to Apple or Google's wallets or make sure you can open the email with very little signal and show the QR code from your ticket email.

No screenshots.

That's the instruction from the club - good luck!

I've got a feeling this is going to be one we remember.

• Like 2

Last time they shut it off I said to the copper that  I wanted to go get a battered sausage from the Villa chip shop. I brought a battered sausage and walked all the way round through the park up to the Holte on my own with a soul insight

It was great

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Get there early, make sure you've got the right ticket, don't try to use your season ticket and hopefully we all get in easily and on time.

Either print it, use the Villa App, download it to Apple or Google's wallets or make sure you can open the email with very little signal and show the QR code from your ticket email.

No screenshots.

That's the instruction from the club - good luck!

I've got a feeling this is going to be one we remember.

What's the difference between showing the QR code from your ticket email, and taking a screenshot of it to show? Both work for me.