Unai is really having to earn his wage at the moment, I don't envy having to choose teams for these next couple of games.  Really testing the squad to the limit.  Maybe go full strength and hope that attacking the Holte in the first half can produce a couple of goal margin to take the likes of Doug off at half time.  West Ham is a minging match to follow it up with too.

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

P.S. I really don't want a penalty shootout

Same here, will be gone midnight when I get back 

Posted (edited)

I saw enough of Ajax in the first game to shed any over confidence for the return.

With Brobbey they could quite easily get the first goal.

Chelsea and Spurs with their nippy forwards have already exposed Villa’s lack of pace/physicality in the centre.

I’d urge caution for Thursday night as Ajax have nothing to loose and it’s exactly the type of fixture Villa have been found wanting in the past!

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Paul33 said:

Given our faltering league form, these Euro games are now doubly important to us as qualifying for Champions League via 5th place in the Premier League will be dependant on how far each of the British clubs progress in their respective Euro competitions. We are currently 3rd behind Italy and France and need to be in the top two to get the extra CL place so success for ALL our teams in Europe is crucial for Villa ..... remember that next time a British team is in action. Going to need to cheer for some teams I've never cheered for before !!!

Isn’t it Italy and Germany?

• Like 1

For a team that were touted as favourites when this competition began this season, we haven’t exactly set the world alight in Europe. I’d argue we’re no longer the favourites so it’s time we prove to people that we are. 

Edited by CLARETANDBLUEFOXY

Does Unai go for it or are we going to try to manage it over the line? Not entirely sure what I expect to see but I would go…

Cash - Lenglet - Pau - Digne

Diaby - Tim - McGinn - Zaniolo

Tielemans - Watkins

Almost tempted to throw Kellyman on for Youri to get some athleticism up front. 

Edited by DJBOB

2 hours ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

For a team that were touted as favourites when this competition began this season, we haven’t exactly set the world alight in Europe. I’d argue we’re no longer the favourites so it’s time we prove to people that we are. 

Touted by who?

There seems to be a suggestion that opening the PDF in your ticket email and showing the QR code at the turnstile won't work for this one and that you now need to have downloaded the Villa App, with the only other ways to use the ticket being to print it or use one of the Google or Apple wallets

Can anyone confirm if that's the case?

3 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Every bookie, media outlet and fan on the planet

That can't be true. There's me for example.

Boolies don't tout.

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

There seems to be a suggestion that opening the PDF in your ticket email and showing the QR code at the turnstile won't work for this one and that you now need to have downloaded the Villa App, with the only other ways to use the ticket being to print it or use one of the Google or Apple wallets

Doesn't really clarify in regards to your question but have this from an email today. I will be going into the Terrace View rather than a turnstile but would say this applies to all.

Screenshot_20240312_200659_Gmail.jpg

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I've just took a screenshot of my ticket. Never been an issue before.

• Like 1

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2024/march/12/Get-Matchday-Ready--Ajax-at-Villa-Park/

image.png

I'm not sure if it means that only screenshots from the App won't work, but I'm hoping they haven't chosen this game to try to force everyone to download the App by removing the straightforward opening of the QR code from the email.

I've printed mine from home* just in case.

*work obviously.

17 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I've just took a screenshot of my ticket. Never been an issue before.

So have I, but they're trying very hard to push us into their App or wallets. 

Sadly I think this is the future and we'll be all electronic next season and all through their app.

Ah well, hopefully my data is helping with our FFP problems.