Midweek Football 4/6 March

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

Wilder really is a useless manager, way out of his depth. Archer would heve been better off gping to a decent Championship side like Southampton or Leeds.

Is Archer injured? Just realised he wasn’t in the squad. 

Had a bet builder for £25 

+1.5 goals first half ✅

Saka assist ✅

+5.5 goals FT ✅

Arsenal win ✅

20 booking points Sheff U ❌

One tackle all game!!! For that alone I hope they rot in lower leagues forever..

Oh and Wilder!

What's hilarious about this is Sheffield United just need to beat Burnley at home and get two draws from other games and they'll still beat our points haul from 15/16.

You forget how bad we were that season given Sheffield and Burnley are only four points off that total despite both being massively out of their depth.

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

What's hilarious about this is Sheffield United just need to beat Burnley at home and get two draws from other games and they'll still beat our points haul from 15/16.

You forget how bad we were that season given Sheffield and Burnley are only four points off that total despite both being massively out of their depth.

Oh I haven’t forgotten…. It was just awful. 

We had some absolute dross during that period we were circling the drain. Thanks Randy. 

• Like 1

I have a couple of mates who support Sheffield United, and to be fair, they predicted the season would go exactly like this, from the moment they were promoted. They aren't even disappointed, they're just in black humour mode. 

23 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Had a bet builder for £25 

+1.5 goals first half ✅

Saka assist ✅

+5.5 goals FT ✅

Arsenal win ✅

20 booking points Sheff U ❌

One tackle all game!!! For that alone I hope they rot in lower leagues forever..

Oh and Wilder!

I needed Saka to score to win £200.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, AshVilla said:

According to Sky it's the most one sided half in PL history.

Wasn't we 5 - 0 up at HT against these as well, can't remember them saying a word about 

Even if we were winning at half time against Sheffield  united  87 - 0 sky still wouldn't mention it...

2 hours ago, delboy54 said:

Even if we were winning at half time against Sheffield  united  87 - 0 sky still wouldn't mention it...

We absolutely destroyed Man City and it seems to have been erased from history like it never happened.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

We absolutely destroyed Man City and it seems to have been erased from history like it never happened.

It will be mentioned when we play them next I'm sure 

10 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Archer would heve been better off gping to a decent Championship side like Southampton or Leeds.

They wouldn't have given us £20m+ for him though.

2 hours ago, delboy54 said:

The commentator did mention we were 3-0 up after 20 mins

42 minutes ago, Genie said:

God, I hate all this moaning about how we're perceived.

We destroyed Man City with our play, but the game ended 1-0.  Why would it be repeatedly mentioned?  All 3 of Man City's defeats this season have been by 1 goal, away from home.  I hear none of them mentioned because... well, they're not worth mentioning.

The press surrounding us this season has been overwhelmingly positive; and rightly so.  We've got a manager in the running for Manager Of The Season, a striker in the running for Player Of The Season, we're sat in 4th place, we're being mentioned as a potential block to Man City winning the title (because they have to play Liverpool, Arsenal, us and Spurs in the run-in and have essentially edged their way past poor teams recently) but we're concerned that media reports don't constantly reference a 1-0 win at Villa Park.

**** hell.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

God, I hate all this moaning about how we're perceived.

We destroyed Man City with our play, but the game ended 1-0.  Why would it be repeatedly mentioned?  All 3 of Man City's defeats this season have been by 1 goal, away from home.  I hear none of them mentioned because... well, they're not worth mentioning.

The press surrounding us this season has been overwhelmingly positive; and rightly so.  We've got a manager in the running for Manager Of The Season, a striker in the running for Player Of The Season, we're sat in 4th place, we're being mentioned as a potential block to Man City winning the title (because they have to play Liverpool, Arsenal, us and Spurs in the run-in and have essentially edged their way past poor teams recently) but we're concerned that media reports don't constantly reference a 1-0 win at Villa Park.

**** hell.

I’m pretty sure it was mentioned at the time no side had had more shots against a Pep side. 
1-0 massively understates that performance (which is a real shame).

Similar with sticking 7 past Liverpool. It has been overlooked several times.

The commentators don’t like the idea that the big boys are susceptible to a pounding from Villa.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I’m pretty sure it was mentioned at the time no side had had more shots against a Pep side. 
1-0 massively understates that performance (which is a real shame).

Similar with sticking 7 past Liverpool. It has been overlooked several times.

The commentators don’t like the idea that the big boys are susceptible to a pounding from Villa.

Yes - it got mentioned a lot.  At the time (which is when it was relevant, and got discussed) everything was about how good we were and whether or not Guardiola's City team are going to fall apart because of our performance (obviously, they haven't).

But why would it be mentioned now?  It makes no sense.  It will crop up again when we play Man City away and I expect a lot of the build up will be around how good we were at Villa Park.  But I'm failing to see why a 1-0 win over Man City that happened about 3 months ago, and after Arsenal win 6-0 away from home, would or should be mentioned?

FWIW, I can't even remember much talk about any game this season as just "filler" without it having some relevance to fixtures surrounding it.

There's not a media bias against Aston Villa - and our fanbase is becoming a parody for banging on about it.

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

There's not a media bias against Aston Villa - and our fanbase is becoming a parody for banging on about it.

same as refs, if you listen to fans of other clubs they're seemingly biased against everyone

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

same as refs, if you listen to fans of other clubs they're seemingly biased against everyone

I don’t think refs or the media are biased against Villa, but I do think they overlook those demolition jobs on Liverpool and City as it doesn’t fit their agenda of the big boys being impenetrable, especially to a non-CL side.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I don’t think refs or the media are biased against Villa, but I do think they overlook those demolition jobs on Liverpool and City as it doesn’t fit their agenda of the big boys being impenetrable, especially to a non-CL side.

I don't get it - how do they overlook them?  Both were described as incredible performances at the time.  When else are they meant to discuss them?  Why would bringing up a 7-2 victory over Liverpool have any sort of relevance to now/this season?

When do you think it should all be mentioned?  There's no agenda of big boys being impenetrable - it's utter nonsense.

• Like 1

Â