Midweek Football 4/6 March

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

same as refs, if you listen to fans of other clubs they're seemingly biased against everyone

I genuinely think our fanbase (on social media) is up there among the worst.  It's even making podcast mentions.

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

I don’t think refs or the media are biased against Villa, but I do think they overlook those demolition jobs on Liverpool and City as it doesn’t fit their agenda of the big boys being impenetrable, especially to a non-CL side.

but even then their "agenda" is driven by their audience, of which liverpool and man utd in particular make up bigger numbers than we do

we can beat the drum when klopp retires asking why the 7-2 isn't talked about more but I'm not sure why we'd waste our time because of course it wont be, they will play to their crowd which isn't us

id also argue that actually the media peddle this myth that the PL is absolutely incredible because anyone can beat anyone and anyone can win...as much as they big up the big 6 as a bollock tickling their fans they also flip it and sell the league as exciting because we can beat anyone

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don't get it - how do they overlook them?  Both were described as incredible performances at the time.  When else are they meant to discuss them?  Why would bringing up a 7-2 victory over Liverpool have any sort of relevance to now/this season?

When do you think it should all be mentioned?  There's no agenda of big boys being impenetrable - it's utter nonsense.

I’ve been watching City and Liverpool and there has been wider discussions about them being beaten or dominated and expected us to get a mention and it hasn’t happened. It’s only a minor thing.

Just now, Genie said:

I’ve been watching City and Liverpool and there has been wider discussions about them being beaten or dominated and expected us to get a mention and it hasn’t happened. It’s only a minor thing.

Bringing up a 7-2 win from covid times would be weird, but I can’t see how we wouldn’t be mentioned with regards to any losses Man City have had - there’s been so few.

I mean, do they go on about a famous Wolves 2-1 win or something?

11 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I genuinely think our fanbase (on social media) is up there among the worst.  It's even making podcast mentions.

Not on the refs or the media but if you looks at arrests for online comments we are definitely among the worst

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Bringing up a 7-2 win from covid times would be weird, but I can’t see how we wouldn’t be mentioned with regards to any losses Man City have had - there’s been so few.

I mean, do they go on about a famous Wolves 2-1 win or something?

I reckon if Wolves had 22 shots and ran the best team in the world ragged it would be worthy of a mention. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I reckon if Wolves had 22 shots and ran the best team in the world ragged it would be worthy of a mention. 

But did they get a mention? Who got mentioned when we weren’t?  What was the context of the discussion?

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

In a moment in time it would be, when they play each other again it would be, 3 months later when Wolves are playing Luton and man city are man utd it almost certainly wouldn't be 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

In a moment in time it would be, when they play each other again it would be, 3 months later when Wolves are playing Luton and man city are man utd it almost certainly wouldn't be 

Which is exactly what happened for us. Whole discussions about how we were potential title challengers(!), how Man City are unravelling etc.

I’d be curious to know what discussions have been had about Man City being beaten this season that have not involved our victory. I imagine it’s not a thing. 

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

It will be mentioned when we play them next I'm sure 

Yeah, and probably quoted 'normal service has resumed' or words to that effect if we lose.  I'll need a sick bag. 

Tighter than a virgins clunge at the bottom of the Champ, small queef getting squeaky bums 😂

Â