Midweek Football 4/6 March

1 minute ago, Rightdm00 said:

As the revenue gaps grows between the championship and the PL this might become a much more regular occurrence. 

100% we are lucky we got promoted when we did

12 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I think the 3 promoted clubs will all be relegated next season too.

Gap between PL and the Champ is getting larger every season

Last season the three promoted sides all stayed up so jumping to conclusions based on one season isn’t ideal.  

• Like 1

Sheffiled United just happened to massively overachive in getting promoted and then barely strengthened whilst selling their best player, so no surprise they're struggling to the extent they are, but it won't be the norm for newly promoted teams to struggle to the same extent, any of Leeds, Leicestere, Southampton, and even Ipswich, will be much better than this Sheffield United team

Given their squad and resources, Luton are actually dong very well

1 minute ago, The_Rev said:

Last season the three promoted sides all stayed up so jumping to conclusions based on one season isn’t ideal.  

But the money involved has jumped up astronomically, remember when we came up and we thought £20m was a huge fee that’s the going rate now.  If you don’t keep moving forward in this league and show ambition in the transfer market you don’t stay up, easier said than done whilst trying to spend within the constraints of FFP.

definitely feel like the massacre will slow up here, be surprised if there were more than 2 goals now, if that, but from morbid curiousity I do hope Arsenal sustain the aggression on goal

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rodders said:

definitely feel like the massacre will slow up here, be surprised if there were more than 2 goals now, if that, but from morbid curiousity I do hope Arsenal sustain the aggression on goal

It’s surprisingly rare that a team repeats a first half mauling in the second half.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

You know your shit when Havertz is having a field day.

Bloke looks like Messi out there.

Disagree. Havertz is an excellent player. Reminds me of Buendia in some ways. Can be very good against low blocks and sneaking around the box. Sometimes wreaks havoc and delivers a coup de grace once the opposition is on its knees. But can be frustratingly inconsistent -- like Buendia, too.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

No Saka goal, told ya  he's shit. 😆

Were he on the Villa squad, I do think he'd be OK off the bench for Bailey sometimes, mind you. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Haha 1

Â