Weekends Football 23/25 Febuary

andykeenan

2 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

Not that I care, but why offside?

I have no idea why they give offside. But the player Endo blocked had initially had his shirt pulled by van Dijk. Surely that's the reason and not offside as Chilwell was marking the best defender in history ©Sky sports

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 1

Just now, jim said:

Why was the ref  looking at the monitor for an off side? 

Because it was a subjective decision of interfering with play, not an objective "is he in an offside position"

Just now, fightoffyour said:

Same reason as we had a goal cancelled for Ramsey blocking someone off

Very different IMO.  Ramsey was blocking Cavani(?) and had a direct impact as someone could run off him.

By the looks of this, Chilwell is marking Van Djik (lol) and Colwill is getting nowhere near him anyway.  If he's blocking Van Djik's marker or it has some sort of impact then fair enough - but I think this one is harsh.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

There was clearly a foul. This page would be in uproar if it happened to us.

Contact is now a foul?? Happens every game in the box, no foul for me, an I hate the scouse.

Refs had a shocker in this game. Guess he's had his mind blown with the pgmol asking him and VAR to ref it a little sharper. 

Edited by foreveryoung

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Against United a few years ago 

Oh yeah, fair one. I remember it now. They took about a week trying to find a reason to disallow the goal.

• Like 1

Endo (from an offside position) clearly blocked a man that could have got to the ball before Van Dyk.

He probably wouldn't have, but could have.

For that reason, it has to be offside.

• Like 3

Just now, Genie said:

Oh yeah, fair one. I remember it now. They took about a week trying to find a reason to disallow the goal.

Yeah they checked handball, foul, offside everything 

• Like 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Contact is now a foul?? Happens every game in the box, no foul for me, an I hate the scouse.

It’s harsh, but I see it that the defender has been deliberately obstructed. He probably wouldn’t have prevented the goal, but this is the joy of VAR.

1 minute ago, NoelVilla said:

Think it is a good decision; Endo in offside position blocking Colwill influenced the play.

Colwill was getting nowhere near that, it didn’t influence that imo.

• Like 1

Â