Weekends Football 23/25 Febuary

andykeenan

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

How many times have we seen VAR free-framing looking for the slightest touch of studs and it's a red? And nothing for that. Blows my mind.

That was a red, caciedo does these all the time and gets away with it. Brilliant at Brighton, he's gone completely to shit at Chelsea.

In truth the ref has bottled sending the player off early and then risks being  blamed for changing the game.

1-0 Chelsea, Klopp will be fuming!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

In truth the ref has bottled sending the player off early and then risks being  blamed for changing the game.

He's also set the tone for this game by keeping his cards in his pockets so long, should be several  yellow cards now, that injury is partly on the ref, he's encouraged these rough tackles.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

He's also set the tone for this game by keeping his cards in his pockets so long, should be several  yellow cards now, that injury is partly on the ref, he's encouraged these rough tackles.

Shocks me that a professional referee, that has obviously been told to let the game flow, not stopping for simple fouls, but then don't understand where the line for yellow or red cards is. They are so black and white with the rules.

I'd love to know what's going through the ref's mind when he books Bradley there. It's just "well shit, it's kicking off, I better give one to each side..." isn't it?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Look, sky, I get it that you've got Neville commenatibg on this final, but really, Jamie Carragher!? Yeah I'm sure he'll be impartial.

I find Gary Neville to be purposefully anti-Man Utd and pro-Liverpool these days. It’s a bit weird. 

According to Redknapp it's not a red card because he's not staring at the player's ankle as he smashes through it. Caicedo might be looking away, but he can feel an ankle crunch under his boot, and seems to have no issue with it, or make any move to stop it. But he's looking away. If he can't see it, it's not a foul.

It's serious foul play regardless of where the player is looking.

Â