villa89

17 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

We rarely get outplayed, we are even poor, or on it, where we can beat anyone. Sayng that, I've had the same acca as last time, including Man Poonited, an Garnacho to score.

Sorry lads.

I can never bet against Villa. Messes with my head. 

• Like 2

Yeah giving this one a wide berth. If we somehow end up with a positive result I'll enjoy the highlights but I refuse to have my Sunday afternoon ruined for a change

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yeah I’ve popped £5 on Villa even though I’m not confident, but I’m rarely right about these things so maybe I’ll get a little win when we win! 

30 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

A loss and £200 lessens the frustration, just slightly

As good as a 6 pointer this one, anyone saying it's not the be and end of it all, is not looking at it in detail. Win this and I would say we are a huge step closer to CL. Lose, an we got some chasing to do.

Really dreading this game. We all know the Villa modus operandi™.

No doubt Chelsea's season starts now just as we set theses idiots on their way and kept ETH in a job for a while longer. 🌧️ 🌧️🌧️

• Like 2

Just looking at their league results since they beat us at OT a few weeks ago. Loss at Forest, drew with Spurs and last two they have beat Wolves and West Ham so like us two wins, a draw and defeat in the league since we last played. 

There is nothing for us to fear here as this isn't a great Man Utd side. We play to our best and they play to their best then I think at a rocking VP we win. 

I am hoping the recent defeats at VP will have been a kick up the arse and we'll look to keep it tight and the starting line up may well reflect that. If we can go into the last 30 minutes still level I really fancy us.

2-0 to us, 11 points clear of these bastards by full time and cementing ourselves in the top 5 with the primary debate over the coming weeks being where in that top 5 we'll finish. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The back line will be really interesting - I don't think having both Cash and Moreno playing works for us in the way Emery wants to play - he wants one attacking full back that is almost a winger and one defensive who is more of a centreback. Cash can't play that role, he's an attacking full back  - but I'm not sure I'd want Carlos at right back against Garnacho - how he deals with missing Konsa is going to be a key to the game. We could maybe play Torres or Lenglet at left back I guess.

Personally, I'm not against playing a five at the back with both Moreno and Cash and then all three of Torres, Carlos and Lenglet, Luiz, Kamara and McGinn in front of those Watkins up front and then one of Bailey, Tielemans or Ramsey depending on how much we want to go at them - I can't see him changing things to that extent though.

Konsa is a massive miss - it leaves Diego Carlos as our only right footed centreback and I don't think he has the mobility to cover the full back position.

The team that scores first in this game is likely to win it comfortably.

I agree.

FWIW I have never favoured 2 attacking Full backs, unless maybe, they are like Trippier who can do both......It relies too much on the centre Backs to do all the defensive work.

It also depends on the quality of the opposition, who invariably have good attacking threat of their own....we have to respect that.

Konsa and Mings are massive misses for me.....and to add Pau, just compounds it.

I still think some of those injuries are borne out of them having to do too much......quick, Powerful, athletic full backs, with a nose for attacking, and a heart for defending, is just what we need......maybe the 2 boys are being groomed/developed for that.

Christ we don’t half turn quick . Massive game and if we get beat it’s the psychological aspect that will concern me more than anything, not the fact we’d still be 5 in front of United and a point behind spurs in 4th .

57 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Really dreading this game. We all know the Villa modus operandi™.

No doubt Chelsea's season starts now just as we set theses idiots on their way and kept ETH in a job for a while longer. 🌧️ 🌧️🌧️

I think I would be quite happy for Chelsea's season to start now.  Their next league fixtures are: Palace, Man City, Spurs, Brentford, Newcastle and Arsenal.  So there is some serious potential for them to take points off some of the teams around us.  We are 15 points ahead of them with a 20 goal differential - so effectively that makes us 16 points clear - with 15 matches to go.  It is highly unlikely that they will get more than 30 points from those games - which leaves us needing 14.  We are apparently in terrible form and yet have gained 7 points from our last 5 matches.  So if we continue as is then we finish comfortably clear.  They'd need to get 38 points out of 45 and rely on us not finding some OKish form between now and the end of the season to be a threat.  The biggest worry is them stealing a European place through one of the cups - so hopefully Liverpool do a number on them).

• Like 1