Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Carlos Soler is not someone i feel is gonna upgrade our midfield tbh, he is someone that was linked when we were toying with trying to push up the table around 6-10th but we can get way better out there.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

30 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Add a DM and that’s a solid list.

Is Viega a DM and CM ?

Edited by RicRic
  • Like 1

John Stones would be a dream signing, can play anywhere across the back line and even midfield,more robust than what we have, scores goals and appears to be pretty unhappy atm.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jamodillo said:

John Stones would be a dream signing, can play anywhere across the back line and even midfield,more robust than what we have, scores goals and appears to be pretty unhappy atm.

Does he wear a cagoule?

I don’t think we should spend much, 

For now we could do:

Hermoso-free

Ugarte (possibly loan with an option to buy)

Then for left back and winger, I’m not sure, maybe one of the Championship better winger such as Rowe or Summerville. 

I remember us being linked to Sheff Utd midfielder, not sure what happened nor how good us he. 

I know many won’t prefer it, but I’d take Grealish (not sure if City would loan or not),  but as we’ve seen last season, the loan market is open and helpful. We were in rush getting Zaniolo and Lenglet. But this time addressing the right players with more time might give us better options. 

With how Emery uses subs (when he trust them), you’d think that a bigger squad is manageable. 

As adding Grealish, Summerville or Rowe for example would mean competing with: Ramsey, Buendia possibly Rogers as well. 

But in reality we could begin with totally different set up. I think having those players will help us in cup runs as well, I’d target the league cup as it comes early, especially with semi finals 2 legs being cancelled. 

It’s a challenge of keeping players happy while having a good and big squad.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

We were in rush getting Zaniolo and Lenglet. But this time addressing the right players with more time might give us better options. 

I think Lenglet was a good loan. He was brought in as back so obviously not going to be as good as Torres but when Torres was out injured for a lengthy spell, he came in, played reasonably well and helped keep the wheels on our season.  

My main concern is our defence as a whole, I know we’ve got Mings coming back but who knows if he’s going to have the same pace or be at the same standard.  We’re going to have to stop leaking goals like a sieve. More aerial dominance and another defensive midfielder are required.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

When did being a football fan mean you had to read as much about amortisation and 'book value' as actual signings or sales.

**** me it's dull. They made it this way, stupid premier league.

Disagree I find it fascinating. 

I love basketball for a similar reason all the financial rules are awesome. 

7 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

When we signed Rogers back in January his stats were way inferior to lots of other Championship attackers. But the scouting staff were able to see what he was capable of at premier league level without him necessarily having achieved it a Championship level.

Except that's not true in comparison to Rowe. In 1750 minutes for Middlesborough he scored 7 goals and had 9 assists. In comparison Rowe had the same number of goal contributions in 2200 minutes for Norwich. All competitions. 

Rogers was also in the 99th percentile for xA in the championship, close to double the shot creating actions, had a higher successful take on %, received progressive passes way more often, made them way more often. Add on to that Rogers is 4 inches taller, built like a shit brickhouse, looks at least as quick, and was one of the most well regarded prospects in his youth age group. 

The only thing that other attackers in the championship were better than Rogers at really was finishing where he should have scored 4 goals instead of 2. But he also finished well in the cup competitions so the club probably identified it as a case where a small sample was hiding his ability. 

• Like 1

We'll make sales and some players who would be seen as "first teamers". We need to tie Luiz down to a new contract. IF we are thinking between Luiz and Ramsey it's clear to me Ramsey is a player we can sell because he is clearly best suited to being a free 8 in a 4 3 3 system. Like I would say Digne is not the type of LB for our system. We need a very quick attacking fullback in our system to play as the left winger in attack. 

I think Emery and Monchi know it's not about having just a squad of good players. We need the right profile of players as the tools in the system. Some players are very good but don't fit the system. Duran would be another. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, paul514 said:

Who pays 50m for someone who has been injured all year?

Who pays £90m for Anthony or Darwin Nunez? Plenty more ridiculous examples than buying a top young English prospect for £50m

4 hours ago, RicRic said:

IN

Gabri Veiga - Free *£130k Est Salary* 
Nico Williams - £43M *Release Clause* (£175k Est Salary)  
Mario Hermoso - Free *£120k Est Salary*   
New RB - £25M-£30M   

OUT

Digne 
Coutinho   
Olsen 
Hause 
Sanson 
Diego Carlos 
Dendocker

Window Closed ✅

BTW there are enough players in that transfers out list to get rid of any FFP fears.

Would Veiga be free?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, wishywashy said:

Look, I'm pretty sure this is aimed at me, I love the passion but please calm! I'm not clamouring for him to be sold: I absolutely love the guy, I don't want him to leave!

I'm just looking at a lot of extremely reliable journalists saying that he could be an outgoing for c.£50m and pondering why, thanks to the crap financial rules, is something that Villa might be considering in this summer window! That's not what I want to happen at all!

No mate, it is not aimed at you (if it was, I would have responded/replied directly) or one individual. Please don’t take it personally. And don’t worry, I’m calm 😆

I don’t have much more to say, covered it… the calls and suggestions for selling JJ or people calling him “not that great” has been going on for a long while. Same goes for a few of our other best players… it’s become a trend or fashionable… 🙄

No worries mate, all good and I respect your posts.

We’re just expressing our thoughts, views and opinions here… no need for personal attacks or confrontation… that wasn’t my intention or aim anyway,

But if I feel strongly about something… I’m not gonna keep quiet 😂

Anyway… I’ve made my point. To each their own…

I don’t place much worth in these journos.., a lot of it is speculation imo.., let’s just agree to disagree on that. I don’t think anyone, beyond those at the club, has any real insight as to our inner workings, strategies and plans… we’re a top outfit these days…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

The Ramsey sale just doesn't make any sense, his injury plagued season immediately affects his price and nobody at any level are going to sell a valuable asset whilst its value is in doubt. He will be spared, possibly until he's awesome again, which won't take long. Honestly think Luiz will be the big sale.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Who pays £90m for Anthony or Darwin Nunez? Plenty more ridiculous examples than buying a top young English prospect for £50m

Hindsight is wonderful.  There were plenty on here looking Nunez. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Disagree I find it fascinating. 

I love basketball for a similar reason all the financial rules are awesome. 

Yes but them teams have strict rules and follow the rules compared to a certain Premier League team 😝

If we sell Ramsey we lose a club-home grown player from our already too small squad so I don’t get why selling him is seen as such a positive, it just permanently weakens our squad

• Like 3

Â