Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

53 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

£120m + manure tax £150m please

If he manages to do well at the Euros that’s seriously what it would take - and if they offered us £150 million, we’d do it. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Awol said:

If he manages to do well at the Euros that’s seriously what it would take - and if they offered us £150 million, we’d do it. 

They seriously don’t have the kinda money it would take for us to entertain selling him and why the **** are we even discussing it also there’s no chance he’d turn his back on champions league  to go there … only thing they’ve got going for them is that they’ve got the 4th highest waterfall in the UK 😂

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

I've only watched a few of their games each, but statistically there isn't an argument for Rowe over summerville. 

Finishing Rowe is better, but Summerville gets more goalscoring opportunities, still Rowe is overall better in that area. Rowe seems like an incredible finisher, though watching his goals a number of them look very saveable for premier league keepers especially his trivelas. He is also over performing at a rate similar to Son which seems rather outrageous, and given it is just 1 season it is questionable as to whether he will eb able to sustain it and it's not just him having scored 2 or 3 fluke goals

Playmaking - Summerville creates 0.23xA than Rowe per game, Rowe is only at 0.07 which is terrible for a winger. Summerville makes 6.1 shot creating actions per 90, compared to just 2.96 for Rowe. Even excluding dead balls Summerville doubles rowes output in this area. He makes an additional pass into the penalty area per game too. 

Ball Progression - Summerville carries it forward an 1.5 more times per game, 5 to 3.4. Summerville doesn't carry the ball quite as far per carry though but total distance he carries it an extra 40 yards per game. He also carries the ball into the final third and the penalty area an additional time per game compared to Rowe which is big. Further he also nearly doubles Rowe in progressive passing 4.4 to 2.5. He 

Possession - Summerville receives the ball an extra 18 times per game compared to Rowe, and has an additional 21 touches per game. He only loses the ball 1 more time in those 21 additional touches, losing it through being tackled or miscontrol 8% of the time, compared to 10.5% for Rowe. Summerville attempts 4.9 take-ons per game and is successful 51% of the time, Rowe attempts 3.7 and is successful 43% of the time. Summerville receives a progressive pass an additional 5.7 times per game too. 

Passing - Summerville has higher pass completion % and attempts in short, middle and long passing types. Summerville also completed 16 successful through balls to zero for Rowe. And has an 75yards progressed with his passing per game than Rowe too. 

Defensively - they are basically equal, Summerville has a higher success rate but Rowe has slightly more volume

ETA: in regards to summerville being a pace merchant, whilst he doesn't do many tricks he beats his men with feints and fakes. His dribbling style reminds me most of iniesta but with pace (and obviously not as good) 

When we signed Rogers back in January his stats were way inferior to lots of other Championship attackers. But the scouting staff were able to see what he was capable of at premier league level without him necessarily having achieved it a Championship level.

Newcastle still had to sell Saint-Maximn last summer to comply with FFP for this season so we probably do need to find 25-30m from sales and our fringe players won't really get up to that mark.

Cash is an obvious one to let go probably. Digne could also get a decent bid from Saudi again, personally I'd be more inclined to offer Moreno back to some La Liga clubs and see if there's interest.

Luiz hasn't been on the journey with us just to hop off with us in the CL. Next summer might be a different story for him if he dosen't sign a new deal.

apologies to the people who know this already but some people still clearly don't get how profit and loss for FFP works.

If we had to make a bit of cash for FFP purposes it is unlikely that selling someone like Duran is the answer to that. IF he was brought for 17 million on a 4.5 year contact his current amortised value is 11.33m and he costs us as far as FFP is concerned 3.78m per year until he signs a new deal or is sold. If he signed a 5 year deal tomorrow his value would still be 11.33m but the per year reduces to 2.67m.

There is loads of ways to game FFP to make up for a small deficit giving out new contracts is just one of them.

I'll find my old post for what I think we should do this summer and why and repost it.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Newcastle still had to sell Saint-Maximn last summer to comply with FFP for this season so we probably do need to find 25-30m from sales and our fringe players won't really get up to that mark.

Cash is an obvious one to let go probably. Digne could also get a decent bid from Saudi again, personally I'd be more inclined to offer Moreno back to some La Liga clubs and see if there's interest.

Luiz hasn't been on the journey with us just to hop off with us in the CL. Next summer might be a different story for him if he dosen't sign a new deal.

Simple question, if we needed 25-30m of FFP profit to be made by 7th July why would we sign players in the January window, it literally makes no sense and would be completely reckless. 

Posted (edited)

I think it's abundantly clear that Ramsey is probably off at this point: practically every single article from the likes of Collomosse repeat that he's one that Villa are very open to selling. A similar replacement has been signed in Rogers and he's already up to speed: so thanks to some very clever planning his sale wouldn't really impact the team.

Collomosse has also said that we're looking to move on some financially expensive players like Digne and Coutinho. Duran is another named possible outgoing: Chelsea are interested and renowned for some silly bids, if one comes in for him that'd mean a big big profit then it'd represent a nice easy profit on a player with question marks.

You'd probably get more than enough funds to add some UCL quality to our squad and deal with PSR, especially if our motion to relax it goes through.

Edited by wishywashy

3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Carlos - 31 in the summer, 2 years left on his deal brought for 31m
He is amortizing at 7.75m per year and his book value in the summer will be 15.5m

I think Carlos would be a prime candidate to be moved on this summer, even though he’s done OK it never 100% feels like he’s comfortable playing Unai’s way, he’s a good long passer not a short passer under pressure. He’s actually started 19 league games this season - way more than I originally thought - so hopefully he’s done enough for us to still command a decent fee, just breaking even to remove his amortisation and presumably £100k+ p/w wages would be a positive.

• Like 3

No links at all but I’d not be surprised if we tried again for Ferran Torres this summer. Would be potential starter for  the LW and cover in the middle or as second striker. Unai’s preferred system is 4-3-3, and Torres would be a useful jigsaw piece if he plans to go back to it. 

22 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

I think it's abundantly clear that Ramsey is probably off at this point: practically every single article from the likes of Collomosse repeat that he's one that Villa are very open to selling. A similar replacement has been signed in Rogers and he's already up to speed: so thanks to some very clever planning his sale wouldn't really impact the team.

Collomosse has also said that we're looking to move on some financially expensive players like Digne and Coutinho. Duran is another named possible outgoing: Chelsea are interested and renowned for some silly bids, if one comes in for him that'd mean a big big profit then it'd represent a nice easy profit on a player with question marks.

You'd probably get more than enough funds to add some UCL quality to our squad and deal with PSR, especially if our motion to relax it goes through.

You say this... But there are literally quotes from Emery saying he has no intention of selling him.

As a couple pages back posted by @Jas10

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You say this... But there are literally quotes from Emery saying he has no intention of selling him.

As a couple pages back posted by @Jas10

To be honest, I think that's really the only answer he can give to questions like that. He can't really go round publicly saying that a player like Ramsey is up for sale, both for the sake of our potential negotiating position in the summer and would just be plain bizarre to say that during our run in for Europe. I don't think we can read too much into that because it'd be a bit baffling if he said anything different, regardless of what the actual circumstances are.

1 minute ago, wishywashy said:

To be honest, I think that's really the only answer he can give to questions like that. He can't really go round publicly saying that a player like Ramsey is up for sale, both for the sake of our potential negotiating position in the summer and would just be plain bizarre to say that during our run in for Europe. I don't think we can read too much into that because it'd be a bit baffling if he said anything different, regardless of what the actual circumstances are.

I mean any club negotiating for Ramsey will know we are only selling him due to FFP, there is no other reason otherwise so our position won't be perfect in that regard. But it seems 50mn ask price is set and hopefully if not met we'll pass on anyone offering less 

1 hour ago, wishywashy said:

Weird take imo 

also the relaxation is for the premier league only clubs in European competition still need to abide by uefa’s rules and it wouldn’t start until the season after next at the earliest.

1 hour ago, david-avfc said:

I think Carlos would be a prime candidate to be moved on this summer, even though he’s done OK it never 100% feels like he’s comfortable playing Unai’s way, he’s a good long passer not a short passer under pressure. He’s actually started 19 league games this season - way more than I originally thought - so hopefully he’s done enough for us to still command a decent fee, just breaking even to remove his amortisation and presumably £100k+ p/w wages would be a positive.

Yep a 7.5m per year amortisation buys you a very good player on a 5 year deal.

31 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

I’m very sure he won’t be sold this summer 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I’m very sure he won’t be sold this summer 

I wish so too, I'd absolutely hate to see him go as he's our starboy: but that's now two of the most prominent Villa journos in Collomosse and Tanswell who have said we'd consider bids for him at around £50m (Tanswell said it in one of his podcasts). There clearly is a strong possibility.

Edited by wishywashy

Â