Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Unusual for me… but I’d like us to prioritise defensive targets… DMs and defenders… we lack depth in that sense…

Hermoso would be a great signing… CL experience and used to competing for major honours or at the top level of the game… we could do with a few of those…

That midfield needs some defensive grit and steel to go along with the technical ability and flair… ball retention is a must and paramount to an Unai team too… probably why we are interested in Soler…

Ugarte would be a super signing… if we could manage a loan to buy deal that would be brilliant…

Dunno about fullbacks… I want ones that can defend, not just attack…

Let’s iron out and counteract any kind of deficiencies we have and be even more formidable…

Ok........ sounds..... like.... a.... good.... idea.

• Haha 2

Yeah… even in a fantasy land… we should never be subservient to or give in to the whims of “big money oriented” or expensive (demands) players and agents…

I love how Unai has created a proper TEAM with no egos or overpaid prima donnas… let’s keep it that way… together is the way forward and the main man is King Unai… should never be a player or agent…

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Ok........ sounds..... like.... a.... good.... idea.

Thank…. you…. very…. much …………………………………

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Here's a humdinger for you all.

Mbappé is a businessman, right? Or aspires to be. He's earned enough already from football wages but seems to want the longevity of millions of pounds/euros from smart football investments.

Would you be willing to offer him a small stake in the club/Villa business rather than high wages in return for his playing services for next 3 years? And then an option to extend if all goes well.

I know this is fantastical right, but I also believe Unai can sell this project to anyone, it's just the figures that need to be right - and we could clearly never ever afford a player like Mbappé going the traditional route.

yeah, that kinda stuff ended well for PSG didnt it, giving him tens of millions to "hang around".

honestly, what a terrible idea.

giving a player a stake in the club, who is known for rinsing the clubs he has been at for all the money he can get, and then some.

hell to the no.

18 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Here's a humdinger for you all.

Mbappé is a businessman, right? Or aspires to be. He's earned enough already from football wages but seems to want the longevity of millions of pounds/euros from smart football investments.

Would you be willing to offer him a small stake in the club/Villa business rather than high wages in return for his playing services for next 3 years? And then an option to extend if all goes well.

I know this is fantastical right, but I also believe Unai can sell this project to anyone, it's just the figures that need to be right - and we could clearly never ever afford a player like Mbappé going the traditional route.

Fantastical yes, but Comcast could easily offer an “in house football pundit” deal if it helped their sports exposure in UK/Europe.

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I love how Unai has created a proper TEAM with no egos or overpaid prima donnas… let’s keep it that way… together is the way forward and the main man is King Unai… should never be a player or agent…

It's why Grealish will never return - him and Unai ain't gonna work

7 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Unusual for me… but I’d like us to prioritise defensive targets… DMs and defenders… we lack depth in that sense…

Hermoso would be a great signing… CL experience and used to competing for major honours or at the top level of the game… we could do with a few of those…

That midfield needs some defensive grit and steel to go along with the technical ability and flair… ball retention is a must and paramount to an Unai team too… probably why we are interested in Soler…

Ugarte would be a super signing… if we could manage a loan to buy deal that would be brilliant…

Dunno about fullbacks… I want ones that can defend, not just attack…

Let’s iron out and counteract any kind of deficiencies we have and be even more formidable…

The defensive solidity throughout the spine will also allow our attacking players more leeway to do what they do best.

• Like 2

The journalists have no understanding it appears of how the football business works as they’re saying selling Ramsey makes most sense as it’s a player we can sell for pure profit - Amortisation means we can sell others for that but don’t let facts get in your way of a clickbait doom mongering article … it’s BS and if we do sell someone or will be for the benefit of the club and not to appease so 3 letter abbreviation 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The defensive solidity throughout the spine will also allow our attacking players more leeway to do what they do best.

Yep… it’s amazing how Unai has transformed this set of players (we couldn’t create shite with the same ones under the Scouse clown, dire days) and how often we create chances…

I’m obviously not against adding to our attacking options (we should definitely upgrade when and where we can… we’re in the CL BABY! 😎) but… our flaws have been obvious this year and that’s what we need to address first and foremost…

Badly missed Kamara… more than the other injured players…

Gotta say, I've never been as excited for a window.  We're in a new store - a big, phat shiny store.. with caviar... and perfume... and bespoke branded bags.

Imagine with me..  We're buying a handful of players, maybe from Paris.. Barcelona.. Madrid.. exotic!

They've not been to the UK yet, these talented young guys who are among the elite in their age range. 

They get here, do their medicals, sign the contract, meet the press, go on our pre-season tour and get back.

Imagine being in that changing room, going down to the tunnel.. you hear the crowd lifting as the pre-match music comes on.. 

You're nervous, but buzzing.  You hold the hand of your assigned mascot, take a deep breath, walk out..

ANNNNNDDDDDDD... WALSALL.. 

Christ, I could cry just thinking about it 🥹🥹🥹🥹

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

The journalists have no understanding it appears of how the football business works as they’re saying selling Ramsey makes most sense as it’s a player we can sell for pure profit - Amortisation means we can sell others for that but don’t let facts get in your way of a clickbait doom mongering article … it’s BS and if we do sell someone or will be for the benefit of the club and not to appease so 3 letter abbreviation 

Bit surprised how quick people are to believe these dipshits… they’re just guessing and making (easy?) assumptions…

They don’t actually know the details and what the clubs plans are…

But… it’s all about the clicks n traffic eh?

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

Gotta say, I've never been as excited for a window.  We're in a new store - a big, phat shiny store.. with caviar... and perfume... and bespoke branded bags.

Imagine with me..  We're buying a handful of players, maybe from Paris.. Barcelona.. Madrid.. exotic!

They've not been to the UK yet, these talented young guys who are among the elite in their age range. 

They get here, do their medicals, sign the contract, meet the press, go on our pre-season tour and get back.

Imagine being in that changing room, going down to the tunnel.. you hear the crowd lifting as the pre-match music comes on.. 

You're nervous, but buzzing.  You hold the hand of your assigned mascot, take a deep breath, walk out..

spacer.png

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Don’t cry about Walsall… it’s just one game… 😆

Look forward to the likes of Dortmund…

and then the big boys (I feel we will humble one or two) during the season…

WE HAVE KING UNAI 🙌

Impossible is nothing… 

9 minutes ago, Jareth said:

It's why Grealish will never return - him and Unai ain't gonna work

spacer.png

All must bow before him… 🙌

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Twitter ITK's saying we are signing defensive midfielder Archibald Forsythe from Kinnaeleith Rovers.

Â