Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

59 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

I’ve seen it reported recently that he’s on €200k/week now, and his demands are higher. 

Must have signed a new contract in January I guess ? Not sure we would be spending 200k pw on anyone's wages.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, useless said:

You sound like someone who has never watched either play, because most of that is completely untrue.

I've only watched a few of their games each, but statistically there isn't an argument for Rowe over summerville. 

Finishing Rowe is better, but Summerville gets more goalscoring opportunities, still Rowe is overall better in that area. Rowe seems like an incredible finisher, though watching his goals a number of them look very saveable for premier league keepers especially his trivelas. He is also over performing at a rate similar to Son which seems rather outrageous, and given it is just 1 season it is questionable as to whether he will eb able to sustain it and it's not just him having scored 2 or 3 fluke goals

Playmaking - Summerville creates 0.23xA than Rowe per game, Rowe is only at 0.07 which is terrible for a winger. Summerville makes 6.1 shot creating actions per 90, compared to just 2.96 for Rowe. Even excluding dead balls Summerville doubles rowes output in this area. He makes an additional pass into the penalty area per game too. 

Ball Progression - Summerville carries it forward an 1.5 more times per game, 5 to 3.4. Summerville doesn't carry the ball quite as far per carry though but total distance he carries it an extra 40 yards per game. He also carries the ball into the final third and the penalty area an additional time per game compared to Rowe which is big. Further he also nearly doubles Rowe in progressive passing 4.4 to 2.5. He 

Possession - Summerville receives the ball an extra 18 times per game compared to Rowe, and has an additional 21 touches per game. He only loses the ball 1 more time in those 21 additional touches, losing it through being tackled or miscontrol 8% of the time, compared to 10.5% for Rowe. Summerville attempts 4.9 take-ons per game and is successful 51% of the time, Rowe attempts 3.7 and is successful 43% of the time. Summerville receives a progressive pass an additional 5.7 times per game too. 

Passing - Summerville has higher pass completion % and attempts in short, middle and long passing types. Summerville also completed 16 successful through balls to zero for Rowe. And has an 75yards progressed with his passing per game than Rowe too. 

Defensively - they are basically equal, Summerville has a higher success rate but Rowe has slightly more volume

ETA: in regards to summerville being a pace merchant, whilst he doesn't do many tricks he beats his men with feints and fakes. His dribbling style reminds me most of iniesta but with pace (and obviously not as good) 

Edited by MotoMkali

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Depends what side of the financial  deadlineline the Grealish sale was on

if it’s the closer year, we be fine, if not, we need to sell. Because the press are speculating we need to sell this year, it suggests that we no longer benefitting from jack’s sale. 

Diaby would be a good shout, but I doubt we get much or any profit from him. Luiz would be the safest sale for profit, but is he replaceable? Tough call 

Most of the press "speculation" about our finances have completely ignored the fact that our kit manufacturer, shirt sponsor and sleeve sponsor have between doubled and trebled, they don't mention that we've finished at least 2 places higher than budgeted (based on the fact that everyone at Villa has said CL qualification has come ahead of schedule), or that we've played 6 more home matches this season than last, or that we've reached a European cup competition semi-final which is a bonus on previous reported years.  They more than offset the lost book revenue from Jack's sale.

There's no way that anyone at the club is telling the press what our finances are like - so it is complete guesswork.  The fact that they fail to mention all the increased revenue streams this season suggests to me that the guesswork isn't even that well thought through.  There will be some great pieces in the press about us reaching the Champions League but there will also be a load of stuff that implies that the wheels will come off.  Just as happened with Newcastle last year.

18 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Don’t believe we’ll sell anyone important unless we receive big or crazy offers and the player is interested (which I would be surprised and disappointed by tbh)…

We can make money on decent or replaceable/upgradable players like Cash and Digne… Carlos… 

and have players that we need to offload anyway to free up space and wages… like Chambers, Dendoncker who have no future at the club. Olsen too.

More youngsters too… like Archer and Iroegbunam… Kesler…

Sanson’s gone… Coutinho is being linked with a move back to Brazil (mainly Vasco)…

Hause is one we will probably have to rehabilitate and move on for next to nothing for the sake of his career… a bit like we did with Wesley…

Lenglet and Zaniolo are gone.

With CL qualification and all the revenue stream we are creating and boosting (loads being done and worked on in the commercial side… deals with new and existing partners etc)… we must be in a really good place… we don’t need to sell anyone or raise funds… there is no crisis or problem to solve…

We have to step it up and increase both the depth and quality in the squad if we want to remain competitive in both the league and CL…. we will be shopping at a higher level now… it’s time to get serious!

UTV 🟣🔵

Nobody is saying we need to sell for FFP reasons but, equally, I can’t see how we’re going to spend anywhere near £80m+ if we’re not selling players.

I also don’t understand this clamour to sell Digne. He’s exactly the type of player we should be keeping and we wouldn’t get much (comparatively) for him. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, allani said:

Most of the press "speculation" about our finances have completely ignored the fact that our kit manufacturer, shirt sponsor and sleeve sponsor have between doubled and trebled, they don't mention that we've finished at least 2 places higher than budgeted (based on the fact that everyone at Villa has said CL qualification has come ahead of schedule), or that we've played 6 more home matches this season than last, or that we've reached a European cup competition semi-final which is a bonus on previous reported years.  They more than offset the lost book revenue from Jack's sale.

There's no way that anyone at the club is telling the press what our finances are like - so it is complete guesswork.  The fact that they fail to mention all the increased revenue streams this season suggests to me that the guesswork isn't even that well thought through.  There will be some great pieces in the press about us reaching the Champions League but there will also be a load of stuff that implies that the wheels will come off.  Just as happened with Newcastle last year.

Nor do they mention that the losses come because of European qualification meaning bonuses on transfer fees and wages need to be paid out the former of which is a 1 time expense.

2 hours ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

Even City sells home grown talent if the price is right...

Everyone has a price. Can't just keep people around for fun.

It's not just for fun though, when he's fit he's one of our best players.

Coutinho

Chambers

Sanson

Dendonker

Hause

Lenglet

Zaniolo

Let's conservatively average 50 k per week in wages ( 350 k x 4  = 1.4 million per month ) 16,800,000 off the books in wages.

Then let's say 15 mill in combined transfer fees for that lot. ( Aside from the ones on loan OBS )

CIRCA 30 mill total saved + brought in?

Aside from all the new sponsorships and income etc

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Coutinho

Chambers

Sanson

Dendonker

Hause

Lenglet

Zaniolo

Let's conservatively average 50 k per week in wages ( 350 k x 4  = 1.4 million per month ) 16,800,000 off the books in wages.

Then let's say 15 mill in combined transfer fees for that lot. ( Aside from the ones on loan OBS )

not sure how exact, but this would save roughly 720k p/w......

image.png.10bf5afb0714138d1b023377adae5427.png

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Coutinho

Chambers

Sanson

Dendonker

Hause

Lenglet

Zaniolo

I'd be surprised if any of them are below 50k a week. Hause was on line 40k a week before his extension so I imagine he's at at least 50k himself and all the others I can imagine below 60k with coutinho at like 120k ish. So more like 25 mil in salary saved if sold + loaned. 

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Cheers mate out of reacts.. so even more then.

Why are Olsen and Chambers worth zero though haha?

Are their contracts up in summer or has their stock just hit rock bottom?

I couldn't find this posted elsewhere, but I apologise if everyone's already had a laugh over it.

MANCHESTER UNITED are considering a sensational move for Aston Villa star Ollie Watkins ahead of the summer transfer window, reports suggest.

Sir Jim Ratcliffe is looking to shake things up in a big way at Old Trafford after his INEOS team gained control of sporting operations.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

If someone had said 5 years ago we’d be in the champions league and man Utd wouldn’t be able to afford to sign one of our players or the player wouldn’t wanna join them I would’ve asked for what you were smoking and laughed … Now all 3 are reality. They can’t afford Watkins unless they wanna give us Mainoo, Garnacho & £75mill  😂

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 3

If you'd sell Ramsey for 50m you are assuming the injury has crippled him. He was on his way to being worth 100m before his injury. He has everything.

It's a fair assumption that he may never come back as he's already failed to return twice after initial comebacks, but if you think he's not worth more when fully fit you must be mad.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I'd say digne is still worth at least 15 mil (perhaps even 20 mil) and I'd be shcoekd if the club sold for less than like 18 mil. Especially since he still has 12 odd million left on his amortisation depending on exact fee and structure. He's also not like free money like the rest of these where they are either extraneous to the squad or their replacements are coming back from injury like Lenglet and Zaniolo. No we'd have to replace him. 

Maybe the club would deem hermoso enough but then I'd also prefer to sell Moreno and bring in a mroe reliable attacking LB as well. Given his recent injury history as I wouldn't be comfortable with Hermoso as our only fit left back should moreno get hurt. 

If you sold digne for 18 you'd make roughly 30 mil available when amortised which would fill the need for a LB and would help towards another position but you wouldn't be gaining 2 whole players out of it. Maybe if you sold both digne and Moreno 

Edited by MotoMkali

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Cheers mate out of reacts.. so even more then.

Why are Olsen and Chambers worth zero though haha?

Are their contracts up in summer or has their stock just hit rock bottom?

i just assumed we would need to release them for free to get their big wages off the books?

7 hours ago, bobzy said:

You think we're offering Olsen a contract extension?

Also, and not sure it would matter massively, I think we'd be limited to an absolute maximum of 5 players from abroad - 4 depending on if Nedeljkovic is in our squad next season.

Olsen has one more year on his current contract. 

Â