Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

5 hours ago, PerryBarrPet said:

For those old enough to remember Dave MacKay was 5’8” and feared no one.

Bremner and Giles, wasn't tall either.....but different era when a tall player was 6ft.

I think I found us a new CDM( enforcer)known for his composure.

tv-television-soccer-soccer_coach-football_managers-football_pundits-gmc0016_low.jpeg

Edited by TRO

I thought FFP rules were going to be changed in the summer as too many clubs are struggling to stay within the boundaries set?

3 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

When you saying we are £15m under, do you include this season in your 3 year calculations, or you mean 3 year balance situation at the end of last season?

If you mean our situation now, I very much doubt it. It would need to take massive reduction in our losses this season to get us to £15m psr surplus. Our loss would need to essentially come down from £120m to £45m for us to end up with £15m psr surplus at the end of this season.

Yes including this season.

the losses reported have loads of deductions.

for example our owners keep injecting money into the club through creating shares when we buy players so only the amortisation counts.

one of those pro accounts worked it all out 

1 hour ago, striker said:

I thought FFP rules were going to be changed in the summer as too many clubs are struggling to stay within the boundaries set?

Maybe but I think those changes are worse for us, regardless the uefa ones are the only ones that matter unless you are a relegation threatened team

3 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

What happened to Kamara being out for 4-5 months?

Christmas time, he did his ACL didn’t he?

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Rich192 said:

Biggest priority for me in the summer is a tall, dominant, beast of a centre half.

Like Tyrone Mings?

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Someone like Tosin is on a free from Fulham I think this season. Spurs been linked with him in the past.

Lloyd Kelly from Bournemouth also on free transfer but given Howe signed him and Newcastle have lost two CBs to ACLS within a week of each other then I can only see him ending up there.

I've always rated Tapsoba at Bayer Leverkusen but I think with their success this season we wouldn't have any chance and doubt he'd leave anyway with Xabi Alonso remaining for another year.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Someone like Tosin is on a free from Fulham I think this season. Spurs been linked with him in the past.

Lloyd Kelly from Bournemouth also on free transfer but given Howe signed him and Newcastle have lost two CBs to ACLS within a week of each other then I can only see him ending up there.

I've always rated Tapsoba at Bayer Leverkusen but I think with their success this season we wouldn't have any chance and doubt he'd leave anyway with Xabi Alonso remaining for another year.

very expensive.

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

October/November I think.

probably only up to speed by the christmas period in my head, who knows he may be back in training early, either way another good DM is needed

Leverkusen will get ripped apart in the Summer. Whoever owns the club is going to make a lot of money in the Summer. 

I think we need to be clever with our transfers. Maybe spend big on 2 players with the intention of them being first teamers and pad out the squad with free transfers of high quality. If we want to be ballsy, maybe we sell a couple (Luiz and Ramsey) and roll the dice with some Monchi magic. Being in the CL will make us much more appealing. 

Main focus still needs to be on shifting the 6/7 players that have no future here. 

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Tosin would be the smartest move we can make. Think he'd really suit our defence. 

1 hour ago, VillaAlex said:

Tosin would be the smartest move we can make. Think he'd really suit our defence. 

I thought Ollie absolutely destroyed him in our game against them. Drag him out of position and he'll follow and then turn him and he doesn't have the agility or pace to get back. Maybe he's playing tactics that he's not capable of, or maybe he's another James Collins and doing it to try to look more useful than he actually is. Either way, he absolutely can't play the RB position that Konsa has been doing (which is our biggest need along with DM), either on the ball or defensively.

I don't think he's better than Konsa or Carlos in the actual RCB position either, and if Mings comes back to the level he was, he'll still be the best option there, even on his weak side. I also don't think any team is coming in with a big enough offer for Carlos that it'll be financially beneficial to sign Tosin instead.

I don't see it.

58 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Weren't we supposed to be offering a deal to Hermoso from Atletico?  

Currently injured but seems Italian clubs are chasing him. Atletico dont seem bothered to keep him

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shaun Teales Moustache said:

I thought Ollie absolutely destroyed him in our game against them. Drag him out of position and he'll follow and then turn him and he doesn't have the agility or pace to get back. Maybe he's playing tactics that he's not capable of, or maybe he's another James Collins and doing it to try to look more useful than he actually is. Either way, he absolutely can't play the RB position that Konsa has been doing (which is our biggest need along with DM), either on the ball or defensively.

I don't think he's better than Konsa or Carlos in the actual RCB position either, and if Mings comes back to the level he was, he'll still be the best option there, even on his weak side. I also don't think any team is coming in with a big enough offer for Carlos that it'll be financially beneficial to sign Tosin instead.

I don't see it.

He didnt play in either game against us this season

Â