Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

11 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

But he is the one that keeps them all happy once he goes let's see what happens!

I think he keeps them all motivated to keep winning as well. Wont take complacency. 

Anyway back on topic. I never no idea who we will sign. 

21 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

You're right, he is, but I suspect he's going to be flipped in the same way Azaz was. 

Not quite the same age profile, and Arsenal fans were disappointed to see Sousa leave because he might make the squad next season, whereas we signed Azaz from Championship WBA's academy (obviously).

3 hours ago, Leeroy said:

An unproven player not currently getting into Plymouth's team? Ok then.

Moreno will still be around next season so he'll be first choice and Lino will be eased in league cup. Wouldn't rule out Ben Chrisene either. He's starting every week for Blackburn and their defensive record has improved last few weeks. Last night at Cardiff he played as LWB in a 3-4-2-1 so that suggests he could be an able Moreno deputy in time.

Also played 13 times for Kilmarnock in first half of 22-23 so he's got a decent amount of experience for someone just turned 20.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leeroy said:

An unproven player not currently getting into Plymouth's team? Ok then.

We will sign a LCB/LB option like we use Konsa for on right.

We'll have essentially Moreno and Cash (or replacement). We'll have 5 CBs but two can operate at LB or RB. Then we have the two under studies Sousa and Nedeljkovic. So total of 9 defenders. 

8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We'll have essentially Moreno and Cash (or replacement). We'll have 5 CBs but two can operate at LB or RB. Then we have the two under studies Sousa and Nedeljkovic. So total of 9 defenders. 

Hermoso on a free.

Would also get Juan Foyth for RB/CB option.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

Sambi Lokonga would be a really smart pickup if possible. Arsenal were dumb enough to sell Emi to us after all.

Press resistant, turning circle similar to McGinn, good passer and good recovery pace.

Right age profile, Belgian and having a great season with Luton. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Moreno will still be around next season so he'll be first choice and Lino will be eased in league cup. Wouldn't rule out Ben Chrisene either. He's starting every week for Blackburn and their defensive record has improved last few weeks. Last night at Cardiff he played as LWB in a 3-4-2-1 so that suggests he could be an able Moreno deputy in time.

Also played 13 times for Kilmarnock in first half of 22-23 so he's got a decent amount of experience for someone just turned 20.

Seb Revan is having a full season of Championship football too even if it is for Rotherham.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

Sambi Lokonga would be a really smart pickup if possible. Arsenal were dumb enough to sell Emi to us after all.

Press resistant, turning circle similar to McGinn, good passer and good recovery pace.

Right age profile, Belgian and having a great season with Luton. 

His best performance for Arsenal was against us in the dying days of the Dean Smith era. His successful loan at Luton will mean they get a good price for him now.

29 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Seb Revan is having a full season of Championship football too even if it is for Rotherham.

He’s a centre back isn’t he?

we need a fifth choice 

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Doesn’t Mings fit that bill? I think we’ll sign a replacement for Lenglet if not him, and another if we can sell Carlos.

Otherwise I think it’s the two young fullbacks in for Cash and Digne out, but there won’t be a big signing here at RB. DM is a higher priority if Kamara will be out for a long time, but I think we’ll be pretty quiet for transfers in. And I’m ok with that.

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

You're right, he is, but I suspect he's going to be flipped in the same way Azaz was. 

Azaz had a League 2 loan at first, then league 1 then championship. Sousa got the championship loan right after signing so it feels a bit different

• Like 1

I think our January transfers give us an insight into how the Summer will go. 

Young right back brought in, with it clear Emery likes Konsa at right back. I can see Matty Cash being sold.

Young left back brought in, Moreno already been bought by Emery, I can see Digne going. 

Same with GK, Gauci in, Olsen out.

Rodgers in - Zaniolo back to Gala.

Wages being saved there are significant - this is smart management, high wages on the core players with less money on players who will earn more in the future, but have a less significant role now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Doesn’t Mings fit that bill? I think we’ll sign a replacement for Lenglet if not him, and another if we can sell Carlos.

Otherwise I think it’s the two young fullbacks in for Cash and Digne out, but there won’t be a big signing here at RB. DM is a higher priority if Kamara will be out for a long time, but I think we’ll be pretty quiet for transfers in. And I’m ok with that.

No, he's central of a back 3 so he'll play CB with Pau or Hermosso (lets say) at LB and Konsa RCB.

Â