Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

11 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Is this funny because it's likely not true or because you don't rate him?

The first … Cannot see us paying £80 mill release clause and unsure if he’s worth that outlay for us - great player but too much £££ and too high a risk 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

We will.

@paul514 Whether an unproven 19yr old, only experienced in a Belgian league that is a notoriously poor indicator is better than him,  and would have been worth curtailing all our other business for is something we'll potentiality find out in the coming months.

Also, whether he'd have even come to us with no likelihood of playing is a serious factor.

Vermeeren is one of the best young players in Europe to be fair, he's just turned 19 and already played 2 full seasons there and been called up by Belgium. He was never going to stay in the Belgian league long and lots of world class players have started their career there (Courtois, de Bruyne, Doku to name a few).

I don't think we needed to sign another attacker in Rogers given we're quite well stacked there and we could have waited until summer to sign the Serbian right back. Vermeeren would have always been a very good signing for us and it was always obvious we needed another deep lying midfielder whether Kamara got injured or not. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, thabucks said:

The first … Cannot see us paying £80 mill release clause and unsure if he’s worth that outlay for us - great player but too much £££ and too high a risk 

Is this a player that can get £300k a week from likes of Manure but people think we have chance of signing?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

We will.

@paul514 Whether an unproven 19yr old, only experienced in a Belgian league that is a notoriously poor indicator is better than him,  and would have been worth curtailing all our other business for is something we'll potentiality find out in the coming months.

Also, whether he'd have even come to us with no likelihood of playing is a serious factor.

The lads stats were completely outstanding, there is very little doubt.

19 minutes ago, paul514 said:

The lads stats were completely outstanding, there is very little doubt.

Maybe so, like I said though, performances in the Belgian league rarely translate to performances in England until a season or two in (if ever). But then you have the flip side that he ended up at a champions league club, there's every chance he wouldn't have wanted to come to us anyway.

The only other dm that moved on loan was Phillips, who knows if anyone else was available. Claiming we should have signed one, when we don't know that we didn't try, or expecting us to have taken on a massive wage for someone like Phillips in case of an injury that may not happen, is hindsight tinting the perspective in your favour.

We didn't have the money for a big salary DM...that's why we had to send Donk out on loan, and the fact he'd been pretty poor for us.

The scale of injuries we incurred since the window closed, on top of what we had, is beyond anyone's reasonable expectations. We'd have expected to be able to cover the likely eventualities with what we had.

I stand by my view that the relative pittance we spent on the players we did, isn't getting us a worthwhile upgrade on Iroegbunam. One 19year old with potential that moved to a champions league club isn't enough to change that opinion. Signing anyone like him would actually just serve to curtail Tim's development. At 20, and us not having sold him, suggests we think he's ready to make the step up,  and we should find out the next few weeks. 

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Is this a player that can get £300k a week from likes of Manure but people think we have chance of signing?

Yep pretty much … 

4 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Depends if he wants to sign for a club in the CL with a chance of winning something, I guess or if he is just looking for money. ;)

Edited by John

Was watching Lyon-Nice to see how Sanson was getting on and was very impressed with Maxence Caqueret.

He was linking up nicely with Lacazette and Benhrama with some lovely dribbles and one touch passing. Also hit a nice through ball late on that got missed.

24 and he's actually a DM so get the feeling he'd be an interesting player to sign just in case Luiz moves on in the next year as to me he looks like having a similar profile but perhaps won't quite be on the radar of major clubs.

Not sure if any French league watches know more as I could've just caught him on a good night.

Edited by VillaChris

Wonder if we'll be in the mix for Lewis Ferguson from Bologna.

He's gone there from Aberdeen and shone. Plenty of big names supposedly interested.

Be a good option for a few roles in midfield, but suits the attacking roles a bit better.

On 16/02/2024 at 10:48, Leeroy said:

Vermeeren is one of the best young players in Europe to be fair, he's just turned 19 and already played 2 full seasons there and been called up by Belgium. He was never going to stay in the Belgian league long and lots of world class players have started their career there (Courtois, de Bruyne, Doku to name a few).

and we signed Wesley, Nakamba and Samatta.......for a combined 40m.

I reckon our Belgian scout was blind lol.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Wonder if we'll be in the mix for Lewis Ferguson from Bologna.

He's gone there from Aberdeen and shone. Plenty of big names supposedly interested.

Be a good option for a few roles in midfield, but suits the attacking roles a bit better.

A few bigger Serie A clubs looking at him. Bologna having a similar season to us, built a well rounded squad that will have plenty of interest in him and Zirkee in the summer but they could yet make top 4.

Feels the sort Brentford or Brighton will sign for 30m so we should be in the market as he's only 24 and McGinn will need to be rested a bit more next season if we're playing CL so would be good to have another midfielder in the squad with similar profile to him.

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

and we signed Wesley, Nakamba and Samatta.......

I reckon our Belgian scout was blind lol.

Wasn't it said Suso had some sort of connection at Brugge so that's how the signings came about given Engels had also played for them.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaChris said:

A few bigger Serie A clubs looking at him. Bologna having a similar season to us, built a well rounded squad that will have plenty of interest in him and Zirkee in the summer but they could yet make top 4.

Feels the sort Brentford or Brighton will sign for 30m so we should be in the market as he's only 24 and McGinn will need to be rested a bit more next season if we're playing CL so would be good to have another midfielder in the squad with similar profile to him.

He's a talented attacking player who you reall want next to you in the trenches when the going gets tough.

Incredible buy from Bologna for around £2m. He's their McGinn!

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Wasn't it said Suso had some sort of connection at Brugge so that's how the signings came about given Engels had also played for them.

Ye suso i think.

Engels was a smith signing.

On 16/02/2024 at 10:48, Leeroy said:

I don't think we needed to sign another attacker in Rogers given we're quite well stacked there and we could have waited until summer to sign the Serbian right back. Vermeeren would have always been a very good signing for us and it was always obvious we needed another deep lying midfielder whether Kamara got injured or not. 

There's absolutely no chance he'd have joined us over Atletico. So you need your expectations in check. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

There's absolutely no chance he'd have joined us over Atletico. So you need your expectations in check. 

Dragusin went to spurs over Bayern. Buendia joined us over Atletico and Arsenal. You don’t know what you’re talking about, sadly. And I never even mentioned Atletico either, my response was more about does Vermeeren have more potential than Iroegbunam which the previous clueless poster was trying to argue he didn’t because he played in the Belgian league.

I’ll give you some advice: read posts properly before responding. It will help you in future.

• Haha 1

‘The team most often beaten by Liverpool in league competition are Aston Villa; the Anfield club have beaten them 94 times out of 191’.

‘Manchester United have won 89 of their league matches against Aston Villa, the most Manchester United have won against any club’.

Do you know how much that frustrates me that BOTH of them teams have beaten us more than any other team in the league’s history 😤 thats why i hate them as much as i do I remember waiting 6/7 years to beat just one of them teams 😠 moving forward we need to make sure we have teams that are gonna get more wins against clubs like that because im sick of our record against these bast***d northern sides. Time to change this joke of a record and make new history.

Edited by RicRic

3 minutes ago, RicRic said:

‘The team most often beaten by Liverpool in league competition are Aston Villa; the Anfield club have beaten them 94 times out of 191’.

‘Manchester United have won 89 of their league matches against Aston Villa, the most Manchester United have won against any club’.

Do you know how much that frustrates me that BOTH of them teams have beaten us more than any other team in the league’s history 😤 thats why i hate them as much as i do I remember waiting 6/7 years to beat just one of them teams 😠 moving forward we need to make sure we have teams that are gonna get more wins against clubs like that because im sick of our record against these bast***d northern sides. Time to change this joke of a record and make new better history.

All very interesting but what has this to do with transfers ?

29 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

All very interesting but what has this to do with transfers ?

Buy better players to improve our record against them? Or sign some of their players?? 

Â