Joe Gauci

wishywashy

7 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

He was like Emi to Adelaide United, he has saved our skin and won us points so many times over the last few seasons. His highlight reel in my head could go for an hour probably.

Adelaide United has sold 3 players in January, 2 of them (Gauci and Popovic) nailed on starters and the other a rising talent.... And all we have brought in is a returning club captain which is great but he is now 36...... Losing Gauci was the final nail in AUFC's coffin. We went to the match on Saturday night and we got flogged 0-4. Embarassing performance, the club has sold 5 players this season and we have brought nothing but league journeymen just looking for a pay cheque and 36 year old ex player.

Sorry for digressing, but it brings me to my point. I should be devastated that my hometown club has lost our most important player, but I'm not because we are going nowhere any time in the near future..... Gauci is that good imo and he doesn't deserve his career being stunted by trying to save our ass every match. He deserves to see where his potential peaks and see where it takes him.

Now the fact he is doing that at Aston Villa the club I supported before Adelaide United even existed, well that is just the best scenario I could have dreamt up!

He is a very good shot stopper, he commands his box and has done from early on as our first choice keeper and he would have only been 20-21 years old at the time.

He will have to improve is sweeping role attributes, but it's not his fault we don't play pretty football here. Under the current manager we more need moments of magic. The manager has done a good job under the circumstances but that is a whole other story. Maybe I'll start an Adelaide United thread in "other football" 😅

TL:DR - Gauci is a good keeper who will improve and I'm happy to watch him reach new heights...

Bitter/sweet.....sorry to hear the news, about your home team, but glad to hear Villa have a promising keeper.

I find it ,interesting news, about clubs, our new boys have come from....thanks.

• Like 2

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2024/february/09/team-news-for-man-utd-clash/

Aston Villa will have Joe Gauci available for Sunday’s Premier League clash against Manchester United.

The goalkeeper joined Villa on transfer deadline day but was on international duty with Australia’s squad at the 2023 Asian Cup.

Gauci has arrived at Bodymoor Heath late this week and could be in Villa’s matchday squad having received the necessary international clearance.

• Like 1

All the best keepers are a bit weird like that.

Emi of course. Alisson and Ederson could be in the biggest match of their life and it looks like they're bored. Donnarumma won the 2020 Euros in penalties and looked slightly annoyed.

Ter Stegen, Neuer, Courtois - if it came out that any of them were serial killers, would not be surprised the least.

Hopefully he has Bosnich's feet, Enckleman's awareness, Shay Given's ability under high balls, Stuart Taylor's hunger and Gabor Kiraly's reliability. Get Olsen coaching him and what a keeper that would make. 

Edited by villa89

Â