Joe Gauci

wishywashy

13 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Nobody will pay for him. Yet another expensive bench warmer like Chambers.

Signing Olsen really was unbelievably stupid and lazy.

38 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Think this is quite a big deal… seems a confident lad, big frame, agile, good shot stopper…

Doesn’t appear to be the bag of nerves that Olsen often is… 

But it’s a question of how fast/well he will adapt…

We may have solved the back up GK issue… that’s important… could be an excellent signing for us.

Now to find a buyer for Olsen in the summer…

Can you stop spamming threads my dude

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

looks like he will be joining up with the squad soon, as Australia are losing in the quarter finals (ET - 112mins gone)

Hope he is as good as the last Australian Goalkeeper.....that will bode well.

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Signing Olsen really was unbelievably stupid and lazy.

Mind-blowingly so, considering we had him on loan for half a season beforehand. Gerrard saw him every day in training and thought...wow that's one hell of a keeper!

26 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Mind-blowingly so, considering we had him on loan for half a season beforehand. Gerrard saw him every day in training and thought...wow that's one hell of a keeper!

urm.

i think we are making a huge leap to assume Gerrard actually watched or participated in any of our training......

2 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

He was like Emi to Adelaide United, he has saved our skin and won us points so many times over the last few seasons. His highlight reel in my head could go for an hour probably.

Adelaide United has sold 3 players in January, 2 of them (Gauci and Popovic) nailed on starters and the other a rising talent.... And all we have brought in is a returning club captain which is great but he is now 36...... Losing Gauci was the final nail in AUFC's coffin. We went to the match on Saturday night and we got flogged 0-4. Embarassing performance, the club has sold 5 players this season and we have brought nothing but league journeymen just looking for a pay cheque and 36 year old ex player.

Sorry for digressing, but it brings me to my point. I should be devastated that my hometown club has lost our most important player, but I'm not because we are going nowhere any time in the near future..... Gauci is that good imo and he doesn't deserve his career being stunted by trying to save our ass every match. He deserves to see where his potential peaks and see where it takes him.

Now the fact he is doing that at Aston Villa the club I supported before Adelaide United even existed, well that is just the best scenario I could have dreamt up!

He is a very good shot stopper, he commands his box and has done from early on as our first choice keeper and he would have only been 20-21 years old at the time.

He will have to improve is sweeping role attributes, but it's not his fault we don't play pretty football here. Under the current manager we more need moments of magic. The manager has done a good job under the circumstances but that is a whole other story. Maybe I'll start an Adelaide United thread in "other football" 😅

TL:DR - Gauci is a good keeper who will improve and I'm happy to watch him reach new heights...

By far the best club who produce kids with Mariners. Who's the next big talent  ?.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

He was like Emi to Adelaide United, he has saved our skin and won us points so many times over the last few seasons. His highlight reel in my head could go for an hour probably.

I didn't know him, only watch Wellington Phoenix casually. Looking forward to Auckland team owned by the US Bournemouth owner so I don't have to follow a Wellington team but they doing good this season

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ozvilla28 said:

By far the best club who produce kids with Mariners. Who's the next big talent  ?.

The production line his stopped mate, plus we'll just sell them or they'll leave.

The last of Traore brothers is gone at the end of the season. Nestory Irrakunda is off to Bayern.

I fear for next season already.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

Â