Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Newcastle

limpid

Match Polls  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/02/24 at 23:59

55 minutes ago, Dillon66 said:

What time does nurse come round with your medication....melt.

Which part of any of that requires me needing medication… wake up will ya ffs

Emery has earned the right to pick his team but for the life of me I cannot fathom how he picks Diaby ahead of Bailey. I really don't see whatever he's seeing. 

Well that was grim wasn't it. 

Horrible performance, them lot were better at everything, especially in the first half. 

Ref was a bit odd.

Bailey MOTM cos he made a difference when he came on.

I'd take 6th or 7th now if it were offered, not enough depth for any higher than that.

All you can hope for is that it puts a rocket up their arses because tonight was largely dreadful.

No intensity, no desire to win the ball back, players isolated constantly.

Dare I say it but we outplayed both tactically and individually tonight.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

Zaniolo, Diaby, Cash can f**k off …. Diaby is shocking, Zaniolo is all over the place and Cash yeah leave it there… of all teams to lose our record to … i f**king hate them g**rdie c**nts 🤬 seeing them bounce up and down around villa park at the end just p**sed me off… tbf Mcginn played quite well and watkins was okay too

Leon Bailey was absolutely insane… that was as magical as I’ve ever seen from him, maybe he should have came on soon as we went 2-0 down, did you hear him say “come on man stop this bullshit referee”. For those watching from home. 

Look very disappointing tonight we need to put things right again and beat both the united’s we got next.

See? See? These UK soccer ⚽️ forums are so nuanced and subtle! You sir SEEM to be implying that you’re unhappy with the results, but I shall read it a few more times to take in all the shades.

• Haha 3

The one goal we scored was from fast thinking, decisive movement. I'm not sure why we just fluff around with it 95%of the time.

I mean, if you're going to turn it over, at least turn it over trying something...

• Like 1

They packed the midfield and we could not play through them.

They were the better team on the night to be fair and some of our players (you know those ones) looked like they never played a match together before.

This is just a slump and its been coming since the everton game where the cracks started to show.

I dont know the answer to our current situation but i do know we have to play much more up tempo because im getting bored with watching the drab slow tippy tap crap that goes nowhere.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Stoke at home under MON PT 2.

That was the Sheff Utd game to be honest. This has just been the march slump that followed that 

• Like 1

Love this man, we are incredibly lucky to have him as the manager of our club… a proper blessing. We genuinely couldn’t get anyone better (possibly ever) and I wouldn’t swap him for anyone.

Looking back at our history… we have had so many crap managers, made so many terrible decisions and appointments, so often and for so long performed and played so poorly, seen so much decline and dross… it’s been really ugly and depressing for long stretches…

If there was ever a time to “stick with” the club, get behind a manager and to have full faith and trust in one… it really is now… we may never get this kind of opportunity again… he’s done an incredible job… and is only going to make us better and better…

As well as being an elite coach and manager… the man is a complete class act and has dignity beyond so many, if not all, others… I’m proud to have him in charge and in control of the club we love and support…

Poor performances and bad results are hard to take and tolerate but… it’s absolutely nothing (almost inconsequential) compared to the shit we have had to endure over decades really… and we always bounce back under Unai…

No team can be consistently amazing… there will always be ups and downs through every season… upsets happen too… even for the very best or richest clubs…

It might annoy some when these sort of points are made and the word is used… but… we have to keep perspective and look at how we have performed beyond expectations and our wildest dreams… I suppose Unai has kind of hinted at that in his post match interview too… and he has every right too… he’s worked wonders…

Has raised expectation levels to a huge degree… let’s not forget the state we were in and where we were before he arrived…and how he picked us up…and progressed us so rapidly…

Chin up, stick with it and we will be more than fine…

This is Unai’s claret and blue army and it will ride high and roar! We have overcome setbacks and adversity, broken stigmas and curses, poor records and so on already and so many times… we’re on a wonderful journey… got to try and enjoy it and not let days like this affect us too negatively or spoil it…

don’t have doubts… it’s a process and it takes time… can’t run smoothly all the time… we will be back at it and impress again…

UTV

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m surprised we didn’t come out and go balls to the wall like we did against them last season and against Man City. We then could have sat back and played our way. 

We were poor on the ball in the first half too and the decision making was diabolical. The confidence is shot. However it was important that Ollie scored and he also got a (VAR) chalked off second but the finish was there.

in the first game we missed too many chances but tonight we were outplayed , out thought and out fought. 

Seems Howe has Don Unai’s number 

Edited by Sulberto21