Match Thread: Villa v Newcastle

limpid

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

It's like the old villa is back.

The gift that keeps on giving.

Let's not get carried away, we're still on for our best season for donkeys.

We can still win this game as well. Come on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

On tonight’s showing he’s not far wrong.Jawdees are awful away and are 14 points behind us (or were).

Yet we do the old trick of helping someone out who’s in a shitty run, again (I realise it’s only half time but can you see us coming back?)

Honestly them being " 14 points behind us " and their League position is a drumroll " false narrative " in my opinion.

They've been balancing injury crisis, suspensions and Champions League.

The problem is a set of our fans get over cocky at the site of success and automatically start writing off all the other string teams in the League.

Many of here confidently talk about how shite the likes of Tottenham, West Ham, Man U etc are and will never catch us 😂

Truth is it's a bloody strong and competitive.league with a load of quality teams and players, we aren't owed or guaranteed anything.

That being said, I think we'll come good again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, UpTheVilla26 said:

I don't get why we've suddenly started to play so slowly? 

It can't be fatigue or fitness. They are professional athletes. 

Just seems something has changed in the way we approach games. 

Tonight it seems to pass around at the back, then hoof it into midfield where they've won every header. 

What is annoying me, is when you press their back line, they give it away. Every time. Yet we do it once then don't do it again. 

I'm confused at the moment with what we are setting out to do each game. 

This slow pay has been the same since after the Arsenal game. It's okay lads you've given everything but we have tea we think we can beat so no need to come out the blocks okay?

Even though doing that wins games as it sets the tone not just on the pitch bit sets the crowd being on it

• Like 1

2-0 down at home it is what it is. We have been slowed for weeks and of course the stop start injuries didn't help

All I want to see is a different attitude in the second half, and would be interesting to see how Emery react to may be his first mini crisis at the club 

Just now, MCU said:

Coming to terms that we’re just not consistent enough.

We have been consistent IMO.

Consistently good, but for the past month or two consistently bad 😜

• Haha 1

Just now, romavillan said:

We can still win this game as well. Come on.

I don't believe that to be honest. We've no grit at all when we're behind. We are poor under pressure. 

4 minutes ago, Rodders said:

We're toast and fill finish 6th or 7th. Can't score, can't defend and losing to these evil rocket polishers is the pits. God I despise every single person associated with Newcastle. Hope all their fans die in agony

Sorry but that last comment is a disgrace. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Honestly them being " 14 points behind us " and their League position is a drumroll " false narrative " in my opinion.

They've been balancing injury crisis, suspensions and Champions League.

The problem is a set of our fans get over cocky at the site of success and automatically start writing off all the other string teams in the League.

Many of here confidently talk about how shite the likes of Tottenham, West Ham, Man U etc are and will never catch us 😂

Truth is it's a bloody strong and competitive.league with a load of quality teams and players, we aren't owed or guaranteed anything.

That being said, I think we'll come good again.

On plus side... Brighton are 4-0 down 😅

7th, anyone??

• Like 1

Season's over, players clearly don't care. No urgency whatsoever, unlike Newcastle. We've got a better team out there than them but they are showing more fight and aggression than us as per usual. 

Gonna go to bed and not bother with the 2nd half. No point when the players put in a performance like that. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Rustibrooks said:

Last time we’ve come back from 2-0 down and won in the PL was against West Brom when we won 4-3 apparently?

Was their mascot even a boiler then???

• Haha 1