Eurovision 2024

Jareth

To be fair. Russia/Belarus were kicked out for an illegal invasion, and Israel are protected despite being complicit in genocide.

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

To be fair. Russia/Belarus were kicked out for an illegal invasion, and Israel are protected despite being complicit in genocide.

It's not genocide (yet) just ethnic cleansing so it's OK.

11 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Israel qualify for the final. Have fun in Malmo on Saturday everyone. 

Edit: RAI accidentally broadcast the Italian voting results and Israel got nearly 40% (next best was 7%). Yeah, they ain't coming last.

Well Israel are second favourites with all the bookies to win the competition, so no idea where people got the idea that they would come last.

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Well Israel are second favourites with all the bookies to win the competition, so no idea where people got the idea that they would come last.

I'd really hope they win it if it wasn't for the city of Malmö. The problems that would create for the competition next year would be epic.

Sadly them winning would also create massive troubles in Malmö which would be a shame as the so far peaceful protest would no doubt escalate.

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Yeah, I think that's a consequence of that (possible) voting intention preview from Italy.  Until yesterday they were somewhere in the top ten on the betting odds at around 30/1 or so. 

Also countries don't come last for political reasons. People who are anti-Israel can't vote against the Israeli song, they can only vote for one of the many other songs. Whereas anyone wanted to vote for  Israel for political reasons (although why anyone would bother is beyond me) will vote for them. 

1 minute ago, ml1dch said:

Yeah, I think that's a consequence of that (possible) voting intention preview from Italy.  Until yesterday they were somewhere in the top ten on the betting odds at around 30/1 or so. 

Also countries don't come last for political reasons. People who are anti-Israel can't vote against the Israeli song, they can only vote for one of the many other songs. Whereas anyone wanted to vote for  Israel for political reasons (although why anyone would bother is beyond me) will vote for them. 

I haven't heard the song but is it decent enough that there is a core amount of people voting for it just because they like the song?

Have been invited to a colour food party thing to watch this bunch of shit.

My wife has to take red food.

So I'll be doing the normal thing and staying home and sticking sharp things in my dick.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, sne said:

I'd really hope they win it if it wasn't for the city of Malmö. The problems that would create for the competition next year would be epic.

Sadly them winning would also create massive troubles in Malmö which would be a shame as the so far peaceful protest would no doubt escalate.

They'd just move it to the UK or other safe country like when we took over for Ukraine's hosting.

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

They'd just move it to the UK or other safe country like when we took over for Ukraine's hosting.

Yeah they not gonna host it Israel.

6 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I haven't heard the song but is it decent enough that there is a core amount of people voting for it just because they like the song?

Not really. I'd not heard it until this morning (obviously there was other stuff going on in Europe last night so didn't watch the second semi) but thought I'd give it a whirl as I had the same thought as you.

Competent Eurovision ballad with piano, strings and chorus. Nothing that would normally trouble the top five.

7 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Have been invited to a colour food party thing to watch this bunch of shit.

My wife has to take red food.

So I'll be doing the normal thing and staying home and sticking sharp things in my dick.

Sharp red thinga?

He’d have disappeared as a nobody , now he’ll get his 10 mins of fame 

I’m sure he knew what he was doing 

They will have been absolutely desperate to bin the Dutch entrant after his hints towards being... critical... of Israel. 

Here's hoping a few other performers comment on the Palestinian situation tonight.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Chindie said:

They will have been absolutely desperate to bin the Dutch entrant after his hints towards being... critical... of Israel. 

Here's hoping a few other performers comment on the Palestinian situation tonight.

He was chucked out for inappropriate behaviour to a female member of the production staff. Nothing to do with Israel. He is currently under police investigation for the incident.

Â