• Tielemans
    • Diaby
    • Watkins
    • Carlos (Cash 82)
    • Zaniolo (Tielemans 82)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/01/24 at 23:59

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

It can’t be just because of Torres though.  Why is Diaby playing so bad? Tielemans playing like he did when he first joined us. Zaniolo not showing anything to improve our team. Kamara a little out of form.  Yet we are still just about grinding out results to keep us ticking over.

Bit harsh Zaniolo, only had 10 mins, and almost made a goal the one time he got ball in a half decent position.

9 minutes ago, Farlz said:

After the first half showing as well then you'd be right, a replay probably not bad. 

It's just the first half performances have become more and more common over these past few weeks. It's a concern. 

give your head a wobble....look where we are and where we are and in such a short time....your'e becoming, well, expectant  

Edited by imavillan

Not great but plenty of positives in the second half. I thought Tielemens and Cash were bright at times, more to come from them in the next few games I think. I probably would have given Bailey a bit longer but I'm sure Emery has his reasons. Saved for Tuesday maybe 

Ast time we had a run of playing bad Newcastle came to town and we absolutely tonked them at home.

Same again please.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think the ‘no Pau’ is a bit of an excuse really. He’s a good player but he’s not the reason we’ve been this bad for ages. His return will help, no doubt, but our form has been poor and other players have been dreadful. 

He was missed more this match than in others. We needed his passing to help break the press.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, imavillan said:

give your head a wobble....look where we are and where we were in such a short time....your'e becoming, well, expectant  

I think its OK to highlight that our 1st half performances have lacked intensity really and we only seem to push for 45 mins.   We were playing at a higher tempo earlier in the season. 

Just now, imavillan said:

give your head a wobble....look where we are and where we were in such a short time....your'e becoming, well, expectant  

What? I didn't expect us to go to Stamford Bridge and just beat Chelsea.

I'm simply saying we've looked poor for a number of weeks now, fortunate on multiple occasions that we have a phenomenal keeper. The results themselves haven't been so bad but the performances have dropped massively. 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think they were sharper first half after playing Tuesday. Sometimes it can be hard to get back in to things after a long break. I reckon we’ll be a lot sharper Tuesday. 

Does that make sense or am I chatting shit?

Makes total sense 

• Thanks 1

All that time without a 0-0 for 👑 then 2 b2b; sods law

Happy enough with keeping 3 consecutive clean sheets at Stamford Bridge, thought there was plenty of chances for both sides, important not to be losing whilst we’re not winning. I fancy us at Villa Park against anyone

Emi Martinez MOTM. Imperious 

This game exemplifies how a nil-nil draw in football can be entertaining. Chelsea might feel a bit aggrieved ... robbed by Martinez  ... such is life.

• 7/10 Cash I thought he had a really good game against a winger that obviously quicker than him
  • 8/10 Konsa solid game
  • 7/10 Lenglet
  • 7/10 Moreno
  • 7/10 Kamara I think Kamara and Luiz were off their game a little
  • 7/10 Luiz
  • 8/10 McGinn
  • 6/10 Tielemans
  • Diaby 5/10 Seemed to misread his team mates
  • Watkins 6/10 Not as bad as made out. Despite the good individual play of the midfielders some howit did not gel and Ollie did not get the service.
  • +9/10 Martinez

Just some thoughts.

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think they were sharper first half after playing Tuesday. Sometimes it can be hard to get back in to things after a long break. I reckon we’ll be a lot sharper Tuesday. 

Does that make sense or am I chatting shit?

Completely agree.  People thinking 12 days rest and we’d be flying, it isn’t always like that so we battled hard against their aggressive press and then came back at them second half.  We just looked a bit rusty like you say.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Our recent form is concerning 

This happens to every team and our away form wasn't exactly amazing to begin with. Also, they're still a decent team with hundreds of millions of pounds worth of talent on the pitch at any given moment no matter where they lie in the prem. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Well that was a bit rubbish. 

11 minutes ago, Farlz said:

What? I didn't expect us to go to Stamford Bridge and just beat Chelsea.

I'm simply saying we've looked poor for a number of weeks now, fortunate on multiple occasions that we have a phenomenal keeper. The results themselves haven't been so bad but the performances have dropped massively. 

but you didn't....you just said it was rubbish....there was no context to your post....just that it was rubbish...

which by the way, it wasn't

Edited by imavillan
  • Like 4

Â