• Tielemans
    • Diaby
    • Watkins
    • Carlos (Cash 82)
    • Zaniolo (Tielemans 82)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/01/24 at 23:59

2 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Thirsty for goals. Need goals. Need goals. End this goal drought!

giphy.gif

Strangely earlier in the season we were scoring loads of goals for fun but just couldn’t keep clean sheets.   And now we are keeping clean sheets but struggling to score.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

We were rubbish. 

Sorry didn’t watch but we didn’t lose so are still in the competition. We could have been brilliant and lost would that have been better? Really don’t get how some followers like to consistently trash the players individually or the team as a whole. Let’s look on the bright side only 4 days before we can slag them all off again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Another poor performance to be honest.

Perked up second half but we look a shadow of the team we were up until the Arsenal game. We haven't played well since that game.

Really hope we snap out of it soon.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think they were sharper first half after playing Tuesday. Sometimes it can be hard to get back in to things after a long break. I reckon we’ll be a lot sharper Tuesday. 

Does that make sense or am I chatting shit?

And if we are shit on Tuesday we can blame it on tiredness. Win win!

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

The chant from villa fans when chuk came on was delightful. Beautiful clarity and enunciation - left everyone listening in no doubt as to what was being sung. Bravo

What was the chant?

40 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

BBC - Villa take Chelsea to replay.

What champions league placed Villa take mid table Chelsea to a replay? Are they having a laugh

Or recently improved Chelsea who have just got into the Carabao cup final are held to a draw by an Aston Villa team who have faltered in recent matches and are generally seen as being s**t away from home ?

Well, we live to fight another day. Let’s get them back to Villa Park and smash them.

Let’s hope no-one from the Villatalk match thread goes to the replay though - there is enough negativity here to put the club into administration.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Well, we live to fight another day. Let’s get them back to Villa Park and smash them.

Let’s hope no-one from the Villatalk match thread goes to the replay though - there is enough negativity here to put the club into administration.

The first half narrative was **** mental. 

"We're being absolutely pounded".

Kenneth Williams would be aghast at such at inappropriate use of the term "absolutely pounded".

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think they were sharper first half after playing Tuesday. Sometimes it can be hard to get back in to things after a long break. I reckon we’ll be a lot sharper Tuesday. 

Does that make sense or am I chatting shit?

Makes perfect sense to me. People on here expect a team of robots that just turn up and deliver in any circumstance. They were all on a beach in Dubai four days ago, Chelsea were match fit and full of confidence.

• Like 1

Until Watkins and Diaby can get some form back and we can get Torres back into the 11 that’s our level at the moment.

If you can’t win it then don’t lose it, we were much much better second half and actually progressed the ball up the field instead of rushing it and losing possession every time.

Still maintain we need a different option to Watkins, whether it’s him or the service he’s just not involved in so many of our games.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Another poor performance to be honest.

Perked up second half but we look a shadow of the team we were up until the Arsenal game. We haven't played well since that game.

Really hope we snap out of it soon.

In most of our away games against decent sides we get pressed relentlessly in the first half and struggle to cope. Usually sides can’t keep it up and we come into the game like we did today. 

You are correct though that we’ve not played well since Arsenal. Arguably we weren’t great that game after first ten mins, although it was a great defensive performance. Hopefully it starts to click for us again soon. We aren’t the only ones struggling, feel like the second half of the season will be a bit attritional but someone will hit a run of form for sure. 

Edited by villaglint

Â