Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

Couldn't see it at first but theres definately a player in there.  He has got many good assets. If we can turn one or two of those into brilliant assets then he will be a bargain 

I like him in the second striker role, or late on in a game in attacking midfield so we can use his ability on the counter attack.

Defensively he caused a problem for us on the left side, didn't track the wing back well enough and gave away needless free kicks in dangerous areas.

Obviously he needs regular minutes to develop but I hope Ramsey isn't injured because it is a significant drop in quality as it stands. If Ramsey is injured I would be tempted to pick Tielemans on the left and Diaby up top for the bigger games.

On the ball he’s excellent already. Imagine what Emery can do with him in a few years.

He seems like a bright lad and has the physical attributes so you would think the off the ball development will also come quickly enough. Very excited about his development over the next few years.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Reminds me of Watkins when he first arrived. Got the foundation of a good player, needs the time to develop.

This, very raw at the moment, needs intensive Unai coaching. Will be next year before we see the best of him 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

This, very raw at the moment, needs intensive Unai coaching. Will be next year before we see the best of him 

I’d say you’re right but there’s definitely a plsyer in there and Unai is the man to develop him, undoubtedly. He’ll bring out his potential and we’ll have a bargain on out hands in the not too distant future. Hopefully he can help us to the top 4 and to win the Ueropa Conference this season!!! UTV!!!!

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 3

Watkins moves on for decent money and Emerys grand plan for Rogers is revealed.

But seriously - his work with his back to goal/on the turn is very good.

I think he has a lot of potential but he's a long way to go before he can be considered a viable first team choice. A bit like Duran lots of raw talent. 

On 04/03/2024 at 09:01, Rightdm00 said:

This is the main difference between the 3 youth we sold and Rodgers. You could see that technically he compares similar to philogene and Archer but physically he's in a different class. The 3 we sold are all years away from physically being able to handle the rigors of PL football week after week.  We need contributors right now and can't wait years. 

Goes without saying this is the same reason why you have to be patient with a player like Duran. That package of talent and athleticism doesn't come around often. 

I noticed that when he came on at the weekend, he looked bigger than Watkins.  If Emery can improve his technical abilities, he's going to be an absolute machine in the PL.

• Like 1

On 04/03/2024 at 09:22, Dante_Lockhart said:

Reminds me of Watkins when he first arrived. Got the foundation of a good player, needs the time to develop.

Watkins scored a perfect hat-trick against Liverpool within a month of signing for us - he didn't need too long to develop!

• Like 2

On 04/03/2024 at 13:25, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Think he's deffo Zaniolos replacement

Lets see how his needless yellow card game is before we jump to comparisons 😛

• Like 1

Based on nothing concrete i think he fits our squad well. He can deputise for JJ on the left, albeit with not as much defensive application . Passes well and quickly. Likes to burst forward. I think its a far better option than Zaniolo or McGinn playing left mid. He was a wonderkid at 16. Hasnt kicked on like City would have expected . But played plenty of football out on loan. 

I hope that now is his time to kick on. Still younger than Philogene so plenty of time to mature. But i think he will get loads more football if JJ is out so will have to learn on the job for the rest of the season

Very different player to JJ. He's better in tight spaces.

Way, way too early to judge how he's going to fit in here IMO. But if I had to guess I'd say he's going to be a very good player for us.

I dont think hes planned as a replacement for anyone tbh. I think he may have some potential to be great, or he may even become a squad player. This is ok.

This January we seemed to spend c12-15m across 4 or so players.

Previous windows has seen us spend the same amount of money on a Dendonker.

If one of those 4 becomes a bench player that comes off the bench 10 times a season and starts 4 games then were at worst in the same position. If we can sell someone on for a profit or turn one of these into a starter then we are starting to talk about a good transfer strategy.

The only risk is if the same money was needed to improve the first 11.

Â