Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

That counter late on - Did well to accelerate and win that header, played the pass quickly and into loads of space, then went for the classy side foot finish.

It's the small things but I can just tell this guy is a really classy player.

Yep, loved it, he didn't try and pass it to diabys feet and make him take the 2 defenders on he passed it 30 yards in to space knowing diabys legs would in the race 

Really simple but still great to see

It deserved a goal

• Like 4

when he came on versus forest, that little section of play where he headed it down in front of him, rode that challenge (where many would fall over), then get to the ball and play it in to space for Diaby, then get on the end of Diaby's pass and, although he didnt score, the overall play by him was superb i thought, in that phase.

• Like 3

I have a good feeling, about this lad.....like his tenacity.

We have entered that stage in our development, where players don't always come straight in.

He will learn the Emery way, and be integrated accordingly.

UE likes young players, so I feel confident, he will be given every chance to shine.

Ps yes 6'4😃......................"shut up"!

Edited by TRO
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MapleVilla said:

Is he Zaniolo's replacement? Seems to be ready made and can be brought in gradually until the end of the summer. Not thrown straight in.

Hopefully he’ll get 19 goals between now and the end of the season just to warm up for next season and our CL win next year, with him and Ollie firing we can make it a double by throwing the PL in too. FA Cup the following year to keep the glory years rolling!!!

• Like 1

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

Hopefully he’ll get 19 goals between now and the end of the season just to warm up for next season and our CL win next year, with him and Ollie firing we can make it a double by throwing the PL in too. FA Cup the following year to keep the glory years rolling!!!

I meant 10 goals this season not 19, I’m an optimist not a lunatic!! If he gets 19 then I’ll take the credit for my forward thinking!! 

• Haha 1

The way we need to construct a squad we need some younger players who are content to play less than a more senior player. They're also on a much lower cost in salary/fee Vs senior players. 

He's ideal in that and can progress to become a key player in future 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

I meant 10 goals this season not 19, I’m an optimist not a lunatic!! If he gets 19 then I’ll take the credit for my forward thinking!! 

I'll save this for future reference ;)

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Subbed off and probably deserved it. Faded badly in the second half. 

Agreed. He looked very comfortable on the ball first half but I don’t think he helped much defensively and the yellow card didn’t help. 

He was struggling to find his positioning and was being bypassed constantly so it was right to bring him off but was also unlucky to have a good shot saved, so there is definitely something to work with there. Needs more time on the training ground learning our system first though. 

Â