Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

6 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

He's the new Diaby.

Diaby is dead, long live new Diaby.

*2 months later *

"Rogers shit mate. Bin him off."

The sad thing is i can predict who will be saying it too.

“No mate give him time to settle. Look at Diaby - he was written off and now he’s unplayable”

just to complete the loop

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Goes under the radar because he's handsome ( Allegedly ) 😂

Grealish didn't have the best attitude either for a while, loved a drink and missed the odd game because of it, alledgedly. @KMitch 's comment is miles off.

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think anybody expecting this kid to come in to save our season and immediately fire us to top 4 and trophies need to give the head a wobble

Agree and that's why it's a weird signing for me. I think we could have left him at Boro and looked again in the summer if we still fancied him. No one else is coming in and paying £8+7m IMO.

Diaby/Zaniolo/Ramsey form plus Duran's injury means I think he'll get more minutes than is ideal for everyone.

The bonus for him is he doesn't need to do much to be a step up on them right now!

Work hard, control the ball, hold the ball, keep it simple. He'll be starting after two weeks.

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think anybody expecting this kid to come in to save our season and immediately fire us to top 4 and trophies need to give the head a wobble

I'm hopeful after 8 months here he can be effective for us next season. He'll have had time to settle in, some mins this season and adapting to PL/ECL. Then a full preseason and hopefully good to go then.

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Agree and that's why it's a weird signing for me. I think we could have left him at Boro and looked again in the summer if we still fancied him. No one else is coming in and paying £8+7m IMO.

Diaby/Zaniolo/Ramsey form plus Duran's injury means I think he'll get more minutes than is ideal for everyone.

The bonus for him is he doesn't need to do much to be a step up on them right now!

Work hard, control the ball, hold the ball, keep it simple. He'll be starting after two weeks.

Well two things, if he continued his upward trajectory he might well have cost more and had more suitors in summer. He would also need time to adapt to PL and team and would be less of an impact for us in early part of next season than if he came in now with time to learn and bed in. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Well two things, if he continued his upward trajectory he might well have cost more and had more suitors in summer. He would also need time to adapt to PL and team and would be less of an impact for us in early part of next season than if he came in now with time to learn and bed in. 

Wouldn't argue with the point, but he wasn't tearing up trees for Boro.

I think he's Duran's replacement tbh. Very tough to have back-up for Ollie, he could be a brilliant spot for that role.

18 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Wouldn't argue with the point, but he wasn't tearing up trees for Boro.

I think he's Duran's replacement tbh. Very tough to have back-up for Ollie, he could be a brilliant spot for that role.

He has only played as a striker just 4 times this season

47 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I’m not convinced that’s true because West Ham tried to get in on the deal early on in our talks.  Whether they would’ve gone that high, we won’t know but 8m isn’t that high for any decent Championship player and the 7m add ons were reported not to be easy to achieve.

Also if he continues his recent form then his price would’ve been much higher in the summer.  

I have no real opinion on this deal but as Emery wanted him, he sees something in him and wanted him now so I assume there is a reason for it.

I’m kinda excited because it’s a non-expected player and Emery has a history of getting something out of those type of players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Shame cos that's exactly what we need him to do. I agree it's not likely though.

Note: I still think we will win the Conference League regardless of our final league position. 

We needed an alternative to Diaby seeing as Zaniolo hasn't been played there much and isn't fulfilling potential yet. Might help Diaby find some form too. Can't wait to see him play but we shouldn't be thinking he's going to solve all our problems...

38 minutes ago, Zatman said:

And Diaby hadn't played centrally for two years before he came and played there every game for us.

14 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

And Diaby hadn't played centrally for two years before he came and played there every game for us.

Do you want a side of burn with those fries? 

54 minutes ago, Zatman said:

How often did Tielemans play off the left for Leicester? 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, romavillan said:

but we shouldn't be thinking he's going to solve all our problems...

So you are telling me he’s now not going to solve our new badge problem….

Rogers Out!

#OnBrand

😂

• Haha 2

Rogers hasn't played as a striker this season in the way people think, it's more like a No.10 role, it's how MIddlesbrough were playing with Akpom last season. He had a spell playing as striker for Blackpool, but I think most of those he was a second striker, he's tall, but he's not really a battering ram type, maybe in the case of an emergency he could play as the main striker for us, but i'd be very surprised if that's why he has been signed

He's a left winger, that can also play as No.10, or attacking midfielder, for the most part will give us an option in those areas, his vision, and ability to carry the ball, are his main assets, so playing deeper, or at least deeper than the No.9 role, is what suits his game

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Think quite a few are going to be surprised by what Rogers eventually achieves here, provided he has the drive. Very unique skillset.

Care to elaborate? I've not seen him play much.

Â