Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

4 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

You thinking they won't risk playing him if the deal is close to being finalised?

I suppose so - if it’s close (and for a lot of money for Boro) and he then gets injured during that game, it would jeopardise the deal. 

FWIW I think he’ll feature tomorrow night for Boro and this saga will drag on

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

i have an ITK.

Me too, he's confindent he's coming, but if he don't come, he may come in the summer, or may not come if they can't come to a figure, but he says it's iminent, some time if they can come to a agreement, if not it may not happen, but if it does, you heard it here first.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

I suppose so - if it’s close (and for a lot of money for Boro) and he then gets injured during that game, it would jeopardise the deal. 

A lot of the talk seems to be he will stay on loan at Boro

18 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I'm not sure it's a saga really. If he's been with Boro he'd want to play in a match to get them to Wembley. Guess a complication would be if they actually make it tonight would he then want to stay for the final and move in the summer instead but I suspect us and the chance to play CL football will be too good to turn down.

He'll be our player this time next week.

18 hours ago, theboyangel said:

he could literally have a medical with us scheduled for tomorrow and he'd be playing tonight IMO. it's a huge opportunity for boro and even if he breaks his leg he's young enough that they'd still get a good fee for him in a year or 2

17 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Me too, he's confindent he's coming, but if he don't come, he may come in the summer, or may not come if they can't come to a figure, but he says it's iminent, some time if they can come to a agreement, if not it may not happen, but if it does, you heard it here first.

Have you been speaking to #StevoITK again?

19 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Mind you they've got SHA at the weekend so no rush really..

Those scum would probably deliberately cripple him. 

Azaz had one year left on his contract last summer, and then signed a contract extension, I don't know how long that contract extension was for, but probably a year. Makes logical sense, we were never going to loan him to a club in the Championship, where in theory he could do well and become valuable, but do so whilst he's in the last year of his contract, as we would risk losing him for nothing at the end of the loan, so the extra year on his deal protected us against that, and to his credit he well enough that we got a fee for him maybe earlier than we expected, this window rather than in the summer.

Rogers seen as a much bigger prospect than Azaz anyway, so regardless of contract lengths, I think he'd always cost more, Rogers is someone we're trying to sign, Azaz is someone that never got near our team

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

11 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Am I right in thinking he'd primarily be in competition with Ramsey for that left sided position but can play the Bailey/Diaby role also?

It's how I see it 👍

Â