Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

1 hour ago, AVFCGB said:

Well if what I am reading is right then I don’t want anyone who is an Albion fan and developed by that animal Paul Tait anywhere near a Villa shirt!!!

Wouldnt take Jude Bellingham?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Who’s Paul Tait?

Makes Robbie Savage look like a Villa fan.  

Horrible human being that played for scum in the 90’s.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Makes Robbie Savage look like a Villa fan.  

Horrible human being that played for scum in the 90’s.

You sure it’s human?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Wouldnt take Jude Bellingham?

Nah, got no Premier League experience 😉😂 

What a player he is…how the hell did somebody so talented support them and played for them.

Just now, RicRic said:

So the best we can get is Morgan Rogers who is compared to Archer and Bidace in terms of potential by boro fans im sure we could go south america or somewhere in Europe and find someone in a higher bracket surely… two bids rejected is a sign 

I must say I don't see it myself.

Obviously trust Unai implicitly. Monchi not there with Villa yet, but the track record is mostly superb.

We're making an educated move on the thinking physicality + good attitude + Unai Emery = a good top level player.

Pretty good chance it works I'd say.

It's more the Philogene thing I find confusing. What was missing there I wonder?

You feel this will go through after their Semi final against Chelsea on Tuesday. They need money and to get £10m for a player 6 months after singing him for £2m. Plus we sold them Azaz so they have his replacement.

We seem to have a good relationship with the club especially with Danks there. They have surely got primary pick for loan deals too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

You feel this will go through after their Semi final against Chelsea on Tuesday. They need money and to get £10m for a player 6 months after singing him for £2m. Plus we sold them Azaz so they have his replacement.

We seem to have a good relationship with the club especially with Danks there. They have surely got primary pick for loan deals too. 

But the talk is he stays at Boro for rest of season if transfer goes through so shouldn't be waiting on a match to complete. It's just valuation it seems 

Edited by Kiwivillan

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I must say I don't see it myself.

Obviously trust Unai implicitly. Monchi not there with Villa yet, but the track record is mostly superb.

We're making an educated move on the thinking physicality + good attitude + Unai Emery = a good top level player.

Pretty good chance it works I'd say.

It's more the Philogene thing I find confusing. What was missing there I wonder?

Philogene wanted to leave to play

The club will have known about Morgan Rogers for a long time, because of his Albion connection, but presumably a big factor in us wanting to sign him is his form for MIddlesbrough this season where he's mostly been playing centrally, in the No.10 area, so I'm not really sure I get the constant comparisons to Philogene.

Rogers might play wide for us if he signs, but I think it would be more akin to how Ramsey plays that position than an out and out winger, he apparently has really good defensive stats too, so would be good in wide midfield role with attacking responsibility, but also expected to defend at times too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I actually wonder if Kesler might end up there eventually, might not be this month if we're recalled him to seemingly have him on the bench regularly but could see that being a summer deal if we give him some minutes before the end of the season.

44 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Philogene wanted to leave to play

Yeah Philogene wanted to leave to play. We allowed it with the buyback. A buyback we will exercise this summer or next 

51 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah Philogene wanted to leave to play. We allowed it with the buyback. A buyback we will exercise this summer or next 

wasnt the Philogene buy back only active if Hull were in the same league as us?

im sure i read that somewhere?

(it does seem a very strange clause, but eh...)

Edited by MaVilla

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

wasnt the Philogene buy back only active if Hull were in the same league as us?

im sure i read that somewhere?

(it does seem a very strange clause, but eh...)

I can't believe we forced Philogene to leave with a 40 mil buy buck and now are trying to buy a player who is very similar to Philogene and Ramsey yet not as good as either who we could have bought for £5 in the summer regardless of any pre-existing agreement with Boro & City.

We're Villa we should be spending £50 mil on every player now, look at Diaby that's who we should be buying at least ten times every season.

gah

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Â