Kosta Nedeljković

Delphinho123

Triston Rowe will essentially be Kesler-Hayden's replacement as our young rightback hopeful, initially doing well at U21 level as he is doing, and then going out on loan, it's a bit early for that though at the moment as he's only just turned seventeen, but don't be surprised to see him make the first team bench before long, he's on exactly the same trajecotry that other players that have made the bench at the same age, such as Proctor, Young, Kellyman, and Patterson, he's already been training with the first team.

I suspect we will buy a rightback to come into the first team either this window or in the summer, then either we sell Cash and bring in Kosta as new rightback's understudy, or we keep Cash as backup, and leave Kosta out on loan for another season.

Traore and Chambers aren't getting any gametime, so their places can be takne up by project players, yet again, as Emery himself has said, that doesn't mean to say that those project players have to literally be in our squad this season, we've got youngsters that can do that role in the mean time, and also Ramsey, Moreno, and Iroegbunam have all returned after being unavailable, which Emmy also referenced at his press conference.

Essentially it boils down to Chambers and Traore not playing an essential enough role in our squad for us to need to replace them with first team players, like if Hause leaves, we won't be signing another defender to replace him. If someone like Dendonckor was to leave then of course then we would need to bring in a first team replacement.

• Like 1

This one makes a lot of sense to me. From the quick highlights and comments I've seen, Nedelković seems to have a lot of potential attributes that we need for the right back role in Emery's system. Big physical player. Pace. Strong defensively. Confident passing in confined spaces near the touchline. Able to get forward when needed and put in a decent cross. Everything we're asking Konsa to do from right back at the moment and he's improving, but isn't particularly natural at some of it.

Obviously not ready for Premier League football but if we can make it work financially, he's likely to rise in value and could be sold for profit, or excel for us one day.

I don't think this signing would spell the end for Kesler-Hayden, but he has his work cut out because he is a very attacking option that doesn't fit the profile Emery seems to favour at right back. He hasn't developed the defensive side of his game enough on loan so far. Interested to see what the rest of the season brings for him. There's a Plymouth paper claiming he's not going anywhere else, he's staying at Villa, which Plymouth fans don't believe because they don't think he's much of a loss for them, let alone good enough for us.

• Like 1

This is what Emery said

'Traore and Chambers they can leave and in case of that situation we can think adding one or two players signing then, but not like relevant players at the moment, because the player we have now I want to support, help, to increase their level.

He says this about three minutes and fifty seconds into his press conference for the Everton game, which is exactly what the deal for Kosta sounds like, a signing for the squad, but not relevant at the moment, as in not for the squad at the moment, mais that doesn't mean to say we aren't going to sign any first team players at all, just that first team players are not coming in to fill the spaces left by Traore and Chambers.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, useless said:

This is what Emery said

'Traore and Chambers they can leave and in case of that situation we can think adding one or two players signing then, but not like relevant players at the moment, because the player we have now I want to support, help, to increase their level.

He says this about three minutes and fifty seconds into his press conference for the Everton game, which is exactly what the deal for Kosta sounds like, a signing for the squad, but not relevant at the moment, as in not for the squad at the moment, mais that doesn't mean to say we aren't going to sign any first team players at all, just that first team players are not coming in to fill the spaces left by Traore and Chambers.

An important strategy in player progression too. Monchi and Unai have been doing this for a while and Villa have been sorely lacking in this. 

Keeping a steady supply of players coming through the ranks - some academy, but some young foreign acquisitions. Avoiding the kind of no value transfers of the Chambers and Dendonckers of the past. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

It’s an interesting and obscure one, that’s for sure, and would show that our scouting network is extensive and hard at work…

But, it’s not been properly confirmed yet so let’s see…

It would surprise me though… as recent comments have suggested we need to be careful in terms of FFP while wanting to add quality (Unai has said we’re really looking at “better than what we have” or players that can genuinely help or impact the team if we are going to add anyone…)

Happy to make these sort of signings but wasn’t sure if we had that capacity… we ideally need one or two players to come in now and help us for the rest of the season, rather than remain at the selling club…

Would assume there are one or two departures lined up…

Always good to look to and build for the future too though…

Since he wouldn’t join until summer couldn’t we “defer” his FFP hit?

3 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Since he wouldn’t join until summer couldn’t we “defer” his FFP hit?

FFP works on an amortisation basis. So we would pay 9m euro divided by 5 years so ~ £1.5m FFP cost per year. So in our accounts this season it would be -£0.75m then they would pay us a Loan fee for us to loan back to him so that would be some offsetting income. So the FFP cost for half of this season would be very minor, prob equivalent to at most a months wages for one of our top players.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Fantastic business if true. Just goes to show that the British press don’t have a clue about our transfer business. 

surprise suprise  "VillaMole1" didn't get this one  once again. 

Edited by Pongo Waring
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Fee is reported to be €7,500,000. 

Interested to see what happens with KKH.

I wonder if we're very very close to the FFP line and he comes into the first team squad for 6 months and we basically admit we can't yet afford a new Starter at RB and then in the summer we review the two and one goes on loan whilst the other stays / we sell KKH.

Or whether he is just sold this month, take the full profit into the FFP and then amortize Kosta's fee over 5 years and allow us to take a chance on a player we believe in more than KKH at this stage.

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

I wonder if we're very very close to the FFP line and he comes into the first team squad for 6 months and we basically admit we can't yet afford a new Starter at RB and then in the summer we review the two and one goes on loan whilst the other stays / we sell KKH.

Or whether he is just sold this month, take the full profit into the FFP and then amortize Kosta's fee over 5 years and allow us to take a chance on a player we believe in more than KKH at this stage.

Either way, excited to see the kid play.

My only frustration is the same as with Duran. We apparently have been tracking him and wanted him for a long time and we've waited until he's a month past the deadline to count as a future Homegrown player. With Archer, AJ - and likely KKH and Iroegbunam - to be sold, and our (correct) strategy in buying top XI talents from abroad, we don't have enough Homegrown talents to enter a full 25 Man Squad.

Had we sorted Duran and Kosta sooner, we maybe would've hit two birds with one stone, a player we like, for the first team squad and able to count as Homegrown in the future.

Still, always nice to see exciting young talent come to Villa. 

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I reckon he'll be sold this window, FFP gonna catch some teams out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I reckon he'll be sold this window, FFP gonna catch some teams out.

Off topic but apparently we find out today who has been impacted by FFP. Or atleast the clubs find out today and there's a new faster process for punishing clubs from today too.

So may see a few clubs push through deals from today onwards once they know they're in the clear

• Like 2

Â