Kosta Nedeljković

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Arriving sooner than expected?

He's already played for 2 clubs this season (Red Star and their feeder club) so he wouldn't be allowed to play for us this season

3 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

He's already played for 2 clubs this season (Red Star and their feeder club) so he wouldn't be allowed to play for us this season

Player are allowed to register/play for maximum of 3 clubs in a season so would be fine....I think.

3 minutes ago, eholm said:

Player are allowed to register/play for maximum of 3 clubs in a season so would be fine....I think.

Apparently you're allowed to be registered for up to 3 clubs, but can only play 'official' matches for 2. No idea why.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, sne said:

And pretty much every other League in the world is weaker than the PL and somehow they manage to be OK at football despite not being English 

Exactly, other than la liga which is a decent second no league comes remotely close to the strength in depth of the PL.

39 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

No need at all to apologise, remind me how many teenagers we have signed in the last say 5 years are consitantly playing first team football? (for us)

Well the point I highlighted was the “hopefully someone has seen potential here” part. You’re right in that more youth products don’t pan out. That’s part of the risk but the whole point of the scouting team is to find someone they think has potential. So it would be weird if they scouted this guy and said we should sign him without believing he had potential. 

I also don’t think we should put too much emphasis on the league he came from. If he’s good enough, the talent will come through. Not everyone needs to be Phil Foden.

45 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Exactly, other than la liga which is a decent second no league comes remotely close to the strength in depth of the PL.

Yeah but nearly every top player in the world originally comes from a league that is not the Premier League

18 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Well the point I highlighted was the “hopefully someone has seen potential here” part. You’re right in that more youth products don’t pan out. That’s part of the risk but the whole point of the scouting team is to find someone they think has potential. So it would be weird if they scouted this guy and said we should sign him without believing he had potential. 

I also don’t think we should put too much emphasis on the league he came from. If he’s good enough, the talent will come through. Not everyone needs to be Phil Foden.

The whole point of my post was not everyone is a Phil Foden but you chose to jump on it, interesting!

50 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

I'm sorry, but I would hazard a guess that in a head to head league between La Liga - Bundesliga - Serie A, La Liga comes out worst.

Other than top 3 clubs the standards are dreadful. Just look at Barca this year. In England they would be in a relegation battle this year. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah but nearly every top player in the world originally comes from a league that is not the Premier League

True but most try to get there, Messi is probably the most gifted player to kick a ball ever but..................

1 minute ago, zab6359 said:

True but most try to get there, Messi is probably the most gifted player to kick a ball ever but..................

And now Kosta is trying to get here by the looks of it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I'm sorry, but I would hazard a guess that in a head to head league between La Liga - Bundesliga - Serie A, La Liga comes out worst.

Other than top 3 clubs the standards are dreadful. Just look at Barca this year. In England they would be in a relegation battle this year. 

Must be why they've dominated European football the last 10+ years 🤔

2+2= something (maybe wrong, maybe right) but it seems to me like we wanted this guy in now as competition, could only get the deal done if we agreed the loan back, hence recalling KKH as our cover for second half of season. All that to say I think this guy could be in and challenging for a starting place for 2024/25 rather than being a longer term prospect.

13 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

All three leagues are like the Scottish PL and La Liga is the best out of an awful bunch! What are you sorry about?

• Haha 1

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

It’ll be interesting to see what kind of minutes he’s getting now that they’ve signed another RB.

ye, wont be good if he just sits on their bench for 6 months.

• Like 1

'Definitely a top ten Premier League player' - lowdown on Aston Villa transfer linked Kosta Nedeljkovic - Birmingham Live (birminghammail.co.uk)

"Don't expect him to invert, or make play from deep. He's very much an overlapping fullback with an incredible engine."

Not the defensive Konsa RB, more of a right sided Moreno. I like it.

"Based on what he's played so far, it's a fair transfer fee, but the chances are he'll be Serbia's starting right-back at the Euros as he has little competition. His price would've no doubt gone up. I dare say by the summer he would've cost at least €15million."

Sounds like we've got in early as his price will only go up.  Should get a look at him at the Euro's.

• Like 1

Â