Ratings & Reactions: FAC3: Middlesbrough v Villa

Match Polls  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/24 at 23:59

don't care about the performance. you can't really judge the team on games like this. we won, injury free, hopefully an easy draw next round

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

He’s on the BBC with Micah.

i know, thats what i meant to convey, but i worded it in a way that could be interpreted differently 🤪

I have seen many comments from people saying we dont need to buy any players in this window, as what we have is good enough.

The performance today, against a low standard team, for me shows that we clearly have no second string.

Cash scored a lucky goal, that was not going anywhere but for the deflection.

We have a great first 11, and a few that can play well off the bench, but today showed that we need more quality players to choose from so we can give our top players a propper rest .

We are still in 3 competitions and we should not have to bring players that were supposed to be rested off the bench like we did today because those on the pitch couldnt get the job done, otherwise, before the end of the season some players are going to be so knackered that our results suffer. 

Edited by Podster
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, djdabush said:

Highlights what I think we all knew, that we struggle against low blocks and defensively disciplined teams. Not sure what the ultimate solution is but plenty of teams will be setting up in a similar way in the future.

Would help if cash overlapped the winger(bailey) instead of taking up his space , all he does is run forward then sideways, our fullbacks need to overlap to draw the defender away, otherwise our wingers are double teamed.

We definitely need signings to push us on as our reverse/ back ups are just not good enough.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's time to launch a new badge.

It best be a rhombus, with our name in comic sans. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We controlled the game pretty much throughout and scored when it mattered. 

Not too much energy expended, not too many injuries. Shame about the yellow cards, no idea what the ref was on but otherwise mission accomplished.

As our current Home Secretary quipped*, the place is a sh*th*le and we are well out of there.

14 minutes ago, Podster said:

I have seen many comments from people saying we dont need to buy any players in this window, as what we have is good enough.

The performance today, against a low standard team, for me shows that we clearly have no second string.

Cash scored a lucky goal, that was not going anywhere but for the deflection.

We have a great first 11, and a few that can play well off the bench, but today showed that we need more quality players to choose from so we can give our top players a propper rest .

We are still in 3 competitions and we should not have to bring players that were supposed to be rested off the bench like we did today because those on the pitch couldnt get the job done, otherwise, before the end of the season some players are going to be so knackered that our results suffer. 

We have a really, really strong first 16 players. But you always have somewhere between 3 and 7 players out. Our fall off in quality from players 16 to 22 is huge, but then we're not Man City. In a couple of windows we should have a very strong first 20.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Did I imagine it or was McGinn pissed off with someone coming off? I don't think it was the manager.

It looked like he was angry with Duran. 

About 30 seconds before Duran looked to have a bit of a hissy fit for a long ball not reaching him. He then didn't close down their defenders. 

I'm putting two and two together there. 

Always looked comfortable, some players still waaay off at the moment

Ramsey

Diabi

Unfortunately Ramsey being off it makes moreno look off it, no outside movement from Ramsey who was always going inside meant no overlaps for moreno.

But we won, and players got a rest.

Got to be happy (relieved as well).

• Like 1

Still a work in progress…

Not many teams will go toe to toe with us and will adopt the low press

We are having to learn how to play against this and as Emery said only games will give you that experience 

It will come and when we learn how to play against this tactic we’ll go to another level

Onwards and Upwards

UTV

In Emery we Trust 💜💙

Edited by Vincenzo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â