Don_Simon

No funny business from Diaby. We really need a good showing from him today. If he can finish this season the way he started, we're gonna be just fine. 

Edited by Callum

The other CBs are all good players but I do feel a bit uneasy whenever Konsa isn't in there as he's such a dependable presence. Still and all we're a better side and Everton have hit a bit of a rough patch of late, so need to keep that going and avoid anything silly early doors as has happened in certain away games.

No Pau is incredibly disappointing. Ramsey out is a worry especially as he's looked a bit better in the previous 2 games. 

Think we might lose this one.

Edited by PieFacE

22 minutes ago, blobbyrob said:

Some guy on FB last night was adamant that Pau would be missing this. He was taking some right pelters, but he just said "wait until 1pm tomorrow and you'll find out for yourselves. Must be in the know.

Apparently he has shin splints same as Grealish?

I've been impressed with Lenglet, I think his vision and passing is actually very good, he can play those probing passes. Perfectly adequate back up to Pau in my opinion. 

I think a lot of this game will be played in Evertons half, so we need to be switched on when they break. Early goal please, 1-3, Ollie brace and a screamer from McGinn.

21 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Disappointed that Pau hasn’t at least made the bench. Pity also for JJ. Such a start stop season for him. 

I think having Tielemans on the bench is a great help. 

I expect we are going to have to deal with a low block Everton. Need to take chances. 

I don't think they will, I think they will have a go.

13 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Calwert Lewin on a goal drought

We all know what that means.

and its not funny....we do know what that means, ask Hojlund.

On 12/01/2024 at 10:44, ferguson1 said:

Expecting a very difficult game on Sunday and Everton’s height and physicality does worry me somewhat, especially when it comes to dead ball situations. Calvert-Lewin having his red card overturned helps them here, as does the imposing figures of Tarkowski, Branthwaite, Onana, Beto etc. Whether Doucoure plays/starts for them could a deciding factor, as he’s been a key figure so far this season.

I would feel a lot better about this one if Pau starts, more so for his passing ability. Just so important to us. So, I’m basing my line up that he does return, but if not obviously Lenglet retains his place. I also think Carlos is best starting here alongside Konsa, rather than Cash, mainly due to what I’ve explained above. My only other change would be to bring Diaby back in for Ramsey, as having the added protection of three CB’s and Kamara back, I think this can allow Moreno to push forward on the left and more so Bailey down the right.

Martinez

Konsa      Carlos       Pau       Moreno

Kamara       Luiz                

Bailey                              McGinn

Diaby        Watkins            

I think we’ll score but can we keep a clean sheet? I do have my doubts, so I’m going to say 1-1, but would love another away win that’s for sure.  UTV

As above, really not confident that we’ll keep a clean sheet today. Could be a case of out scoring them.  

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We could very much do without losing a defender today - thin as a fag paper back there.

well said.

We’ve at least got the option of bringing on Cash and restoring Konsa to CB if needed… hopefully Tielemans is fit enough to be able to make an impact from the bench… Zaniolo… Duran…

yeah, we’re quite light though…

3 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Apparently he has shin splints same as Grealish?

I don't think Grealish has had it since, has he?