Weekends Football 29/31 December

andykeenan

I'd be getting pretty nervous if I were Brentford.

6 pointer next week against Forest, after that they've got Man City, Wolves, Liverpool, West Ham, Chelsea, Arsenal.

Luton have Burnley, Brighton, NEwcastle and Sheffield United next, I can see Brentford being in the bottom 3 by mid February.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

6 pointer next week against Forest, after that they've got Man City, Wolves, Liverpool, West Ham, Chelsea, Arsenal.

Luton have Burnley, Brighton, NEwcastle and Sheffield United next, I can see Brentford being in the bottom 3 by mid February.

Toney could be the difference but I think you're right, they've been poor this season.

2 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Toney could be the difference but I think you're right, they've been poor this season.

Their form was OK before Mbeumo got injured. He's been so crucial for them.

23 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

They've plummeted since Mbuemo went off injured.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I think Brentford may go if one of the present bottom three can manage to escape. 

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I love him. Proper dynamic player. Oddly enough lots of oppo fans find McGinn irritating as ****. He just doesnt give in and fights for everything. 

If you watch back his challenges against Utd, he's extremely lucky to stay on. He kicks McTominay with his left leg, before going through the side of his leg to 'win the ball'. A second later, he then 'wins the ball' vs Evans by scissor challenging him with both feet off the floor, wiping him out completely.

Edited by Tom13
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Their recent run has passed me by.

Five games, five defeats.

Brighton 2-1, Sheffield United 1-0, Villa 2-1, Wolves 4-1, Palace 3-1.

We’re obviously pretty good, there’s no easy games, etc etc…but that hasn’t been the hardest set of fixtures. Brentford were only three points off Brighton at the start of this run. 

Their game against Citeh was postponed so they may well have lost 6 in a row.

I expect cruise control bright and breezey easy peasy lemon squeezy wins for for both Arsenal and Spurs, which is to be expected, when you're challenging near the top rivals are going to win a lot of their games, we just have to make sure we do our part, which for the most part we've been doing, worry about other results is more for the losers at the bottom of the table as they're less able to help themselves, although of course when a result does go our way it's a nice bonus

How did VAR check that offside that quick, it looked tight. How can they take ages of ones that are clearly onside just by looking but cleared this up in about 30 seconds, makes no sense. Got a feeling they gave it because they’ve had a few go against them recently 

• Like 2

Â